Hit the bush for a few hours

misfish

Headed to my hunting area this morning to set up the feeder (that I seen in the OOD mag a couple of months back) Apon arrivial,I was greeted with a young broud of turkeys. It was funny watching the litle ones in the high grass trying to keep up with mother.

Top right corner of the pic.

20090829_17_01.jpg

Get parked and get the feed ready and my clearing blade out for my trek in.

20090829_02_01.jpg

The next few pics are the walk in. It,s alot differnt looking with all the green.

20090829_03_01.jpg

20090829_04_01.jpg

20090829_05_01.jpg

20090829_06_01.jpg

The misquitos were brutal.Must of gotten bit about 100 times it felt like. :angry:

Got the feeder set and filled. Also put out a apple salt block.

20090829_09_01.jpg

Once that was all set,I was off to start a new tree stand. This location had alot of traffic last fall.I was ground hunting the area,but knew a tree stand would be a better bet.Got it half done,the the sky opened up with a down pour. I,ll head up again this week to finish it.

Some shot of the area . There are three corner entrances.

20090829_11_01.jpg

20090829_15_01.jpg

20090829_13_01.jpg

20090829_16_01.jpg

The ajoining field was loaded with geese.

It wont be long now til I get a chance to pop some of them. ;)

One more month to go. Getting primed. :canadian:

Edited by misfish

That bucket of bait looks like the "chicken scratch" we use in our ground bait for carp...LOL

Thats cracked corn there Norm. Heard that whole corn is better so thats what I loaded up with today.

Was out this morning checking on things. The feeder along with the two piles I did last sunday were totally gone. Right down to the bottom of the feeder. Some good tracks and lots of turkey scratching.

Wish I had bought that trail cam that was on sale at BPS last week. :wallbash:

Was going to head down now,but it,s monday and the hwy is already getting nuts.

Edited by misfish

Put my tree stands out on Saturfay Brian.

Spooked two turkeys out of the same spot.

Someone has to invent a better way to put up tree stands....Im getting older and it almost killed me in the heat this year.

Used one of those climbing slings but still dont trust it enough to relax in it.

The ajoining field was loaded with geese.

It wont be long now til I get a chance to pop some of them. ;)

One more month to go. Getting primed. :canadian:

I know there is absolutely no intent to break the law on your part and chances of the geese finding that bait in the wooded area are remote but you might want to consider the distance from your bait station to your goose setup. Technically if a C.O. or RCMP officer wanted to push it you could be found in violation of the Migratory Game Bird Act.

BAIT RESTRICTIONS

14. (1) Subject to section 23.3, no person shall hunt for migratory game birds within 400 m of any place where bait has been deposited unless the place has been free of bait for at least seven days.

Just a thought for you to consider

I know there is absolutely no intent to break the law on your part and chances of the geese finding that bait in the wooded area are remote but you might want to consider the distance from your bait station to your goose setup. Technically if a C.O. or RCMP officer wanted to push it you could be found in violation of the Migratory Game Bird Act.

BAIT RESTRICTIONS

14. (1) Subject to section 23.3, no person shall hunt for migratory game birds within 400 m of any place where bait has been deposited unless the place has been free of bait for at least seven days.

Just a thought for you to consider

400 meters eh. The feeder is in the bush(not sure about you,but I never seen any geese flying into a bush area),and the field the geese were in,is not even close to 400.

TY for your concern. I do know the laws of hunting.

Rich

I,ll be getting one this week. I gots to know.

Edited by misfish

You just saved me a drive Rich.TY

Some nice animals in both pics.

Well you did save me a drive Rich,you did not save me grief.LOL

Bought one today,then the DS ,and the bloody thing wouldnt program. :wallbash::wallbash:

Took it back.

Edited by misfish

Bought the $99 special like you said. The DS I bought at Shoppers. 4 mg.

The camera takes 2-4 mg chip.

I followed the directions. Once it came time to put the pass word,it was stopped.

I,ll head there with my chip and batterys and try it before I buy it. AGAIN

Sorry to be a bug, but maybe you should research the effectiveness of baiting. I do think if you look hard enough you will find the it has the wrong effect of what you are trying to do. In my many years in the bush, I have found that it makes the hunt harder, not only for you but anyone hunting that area as well. As we know deer are VERY smart- they will catch on and then move deeper in the woods and therefore, giving your hunting location only small, young deer. What I would do, which is alot more hard is Bait areas away from your location, keeping the big deer closer. Good luck. It is worth it!!!!!