Jaydub and his PB this evening

Cudz

Once again I got out with Jaydub to hit up some of our spots on Simcoe. It wasn't long before he had a very, very big fish on. got it near the boat but he lost it! We didn't have a net and I guess you could say it was my fault because I forgot to bring it. Five minutes pass and Jaydub has another good fish on. He loses that one as well. (I am kind of laughing inside because I had this problem last wed evening.) Another five minutes pass and Jaydub hooks into yet another big bass. After a good fight Jaydub manages to boat a new PB smallmouth. :D

Night fell and we started our usual topwater ritual. Fish weren't hitting as hard tonight but we still managed quite a few. Jaydub managed the biggest night bass as well.

Fun night and bigcongrats to Jaydub on a nice PB (see Jacques I told you we would beat his old PB).

I was soundly outfished yet again tonight but as a consolation, I did catch the most fish. :)

Jaydub's big smallie

jwpb1.jpg

Same fish - look how fat she is

jwpb2.jpg

Good night smallie

jwpb3.jpg

Damb Cudz.. It looks like you have lady Simcoe figured out.

Nice Smallie!

She can still humble you at times.

I have been fishing Simcoe for 23 years and still learn things all the time. I have learned more in the past 4 years than I did the previous 19 together. I actually study a 6 mile portion of the lake and know it really really well.

I only have limited knowledge of a quater of the lake though. It is so big with so much shoreline and different bottoms it is going to take me a lifetime to get a better understanding. I don't think I will ever actually figure her out but for now it is fun.