Summertime - a time for family fish fries

Jonny

We had a family fish fry over the weekend --- fun for all, including the kids.

The actual meal preparation was "segregated". I wish I had a set-up as good as my cousin's cottage (on Long Lake, in Sudbury). He has a commercial deep-fryer and a potato "chipper" set up in the garage, so we guys went there to fry up fish and chips, and have a few beers, while the girls got other stuff ready in the kitchen and sampled some wine.

The fish were contributed by those of us who are fishermen --- all fish about 3/4 to 1 1/2 lb. --- about 60% bass, 40% pickerel --- kept specifically for this gathering. They were dredged in garlic-and-butter Fish Crisp (excellent!).

We had to go back later and fry another batch (and drink more beer)! :D

P8220022800x600.jpg

P8220023800x600.jpg

P8220024800x600.jpg

P8220013800x600.jpg

P8220031800x600.jpg

Edited by Jocko

The fish were contributed by those of us who are fishermen --- all fish about 3/4 to 1 1/2 lb. --- about 60% bass, 40% pickerel --- kept specifically for this gathering. They were dredged in garlic-and-butter Fish Crisp (excellent!).

So that means you bought them at the grocery store???... if not, why haven't we seen reports with pics of these "so called" fish???

... got any ketchup for those fries? :P

Edited by GCD

Thanks for the replies, gents. It was the kind of "event" that just about anybody would like to be part of.

"...why haven't we seen reports with pics of these "so called" fish???"

Uh, because there is actually such a thing as catching "pan-sized" fish and not taking pics of them? :D But you knew that.

Actually, in there somewhere was the 'Dollarama' bass I caught. Remember this one?...

d-ramabass2.jpg

This is how he ended up...

P80900201024x768.jpg

...and in a ziploc freezer bag with other fillets for the fish fry.