Coaster Brook Trout *pic added for the cynics*

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
lol, nice man! You notice the coasters are alot more silver then your resident stream trout?

absolutely!!!

the picture unfortunately was taken on my cellphone and doesn't show how silvery it was...

almost like a laker!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Beauty fish. Would you happen to know Pete Addison? I know he worked on the assessment program as well.

There's nobody by that name these days but I've only been around the office for 4 years.

Cheers!

Looks more like a bleached out "Floater" than a Coaster to me!!! :P

... do you just know how to take and post one pic per trip? :rolleyes:

some people kids...boy oh boy :rolleyes:

nice fish Dr.

Edited by Dara

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

that's a huge brookie danc...

laid straight and with the tail piinched it looks like it would have gone 24.5...

i'd like to actually get out fishing for them one day when i'm not working!

is that a lamp scar or?

Holy cow, that is a horse Dan. HA! I can't even imagine the scrap it put up.

Since we are posting coasters here are a few from yesterday. These were caught while stripping flies in the surf of Lake Superior.

21"

3846506011_fecdeac4dd_o.jpg

17"

3846506643_0060d2b03e_o.jpg

18"

3846506989_91b52c1c20_o.jpg

Now those fish look like they're actually alive!!!... beautiful colors!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

don't you have a relative you should be impregnating?

I only have one living... and he's a Pencil Neck like you... so I'll be passing on that. :rolleyes:

Dr. Salvelinus Posted Today, 05:54 PM

or have you moved on to goats now?

Goats is for plumbers from Virginia... they remember their birthdays and post them on the internet! :P

Now those fish look like they're actually alive!!!... beautiful colors!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Couldn't agree more, one of the most beautiful fish in existance.

Reminds me of when I was really little, about 6 or so, when my dad used to take me to Glen Haffey to fish for specs.

They were smaller than these ones :)

very much so. All hooked in the jaw and release unharmed. We have some good size restrictions up here that prevent the killing of brookies this size. We are allowed none under 22" for brookies in the Nippy as well as coasters in superior and any trib up to first barrier to migration. They could have been 24" and they still would have been release. Way too valuable a fish to eat or hang on the wall. You want to eat trout, bonk a laker from any lake but Superior and you have some good eating.

I'll tell you once again Wes. Those are fantastic photos. Unfortunately for me, I didn't catch the fish in the photo that I posted. A good buddy caught it, so I can't comment on the fight. Probably a 7lb. fish., or 9, maybe 10 lbs. on the Thunder Bay scale. I find that the fish in the 20" range will take the drag screaming runs, and the bigger ones will just bulldog on you.

And Doc, it's a Lake Nipigon fish, so not a lamprey scar.