Coaster Brook Trout *pic added for the cynics*

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Thanx bro,,,He's dead..but I can take a joke. (unlike U!)

I've enjoyed all the jokes thrown my way in this thread, especially by those who haven't reported anything memorable since I joined.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Dr. Cook's 14.5 lb'er would have been more like 17 to 20 lbs if it was weighed officially that day. He had to walk back out from a 2 week camping trip and the fish was very badly decomposed when it was brought in for weighing.

At least that is what I keep reading. Still, a 14.5 lb'er would be an awesome sight. I was aww struck being in the presence of 6 and 7 lb'er this summer. I never caught them.

3698558097_fd773a7da8_o.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Congrats on the brookies and coasters do you fly fish or are you using live or artificial. Would love to see the coasters returning to Manitoulin but I think only the odd one still makes the journey.

i was using a mighty mitch and jungle joe's jig fly.

That doesnt look like a coaster....where are you workin exactly anyways...looks like an arctic char or even a dolly varden...cmon know Buddy!!!

That's because Brook Trout are not really a trout, they are a member of the Char family.

Nice fish Luc. Looks like you're playing a "C" down on the caudal peduncle. How do they sound?

Not too many catfishes in Eureka...diverted due to weather and no fishing for me there either. They have a bar and I got to watch a live nature show. Wolves chasing rabbits while drinking the first beer in 3 weeks.

Gotta be a few coasters on the NE shore somewhere....gotta put some effort in sometime