Warranty on Feneick HMX Rods

addy79

I believe it's a lifetime warranty.........

Edited to add this that was copied and pasted from Cabela's:

The original that all others merely imitate. The HMG has all the durability and strength of a fiberglass rod - without the fiberglass. Its secret lies in Carbon Veil technology. This innovative construction technique employs multidirectional random graphite fiber material that's been layered to improve crush strength. Fuji® graphite reel seats. Fuji Hardloy® guides with Concept guide spacing. Limited Lifetime Warranty

Edited by Billy Bob

Fenwick hasnt been lifetime warranty for more than a decade. Take it back o where you bought it have them send it to Outdoor Technologies(Company that owns Fenwick) They probably replace it for free or a fraction of the cost.

I was gonna suggest something like that. That's the reason we deal with established retailers, so we can go back to them when we have issues with the stuff we buy from them.

I had a minor problem with a rod I bought a while back. I dropped in to the Fishing Store here in town and asked what I needed to do. He told me to drop it off. He'd deal with it.

I like easy.

JF

I just got my dad a Fenwick Eagle GT this week end and have the piece of cardboard with the warranty right here. Dunno if its the same for all the rods or what. It says 5 years Limited Warranty. Itll cost you 9.95$ for shipping. Here is what it says for the lifetimes part. " If your rod is damaged due to an accident or occurance not coverted by our warranty, Fenwick will replace the rod at a 55% discount from our current Fenwick suggested retail price +9.95$ in shipping and handling"

Taken from Fenwickfishing.com

Techna AV, Elite Tech, HMG and Inshore/Offshore Rod Series – Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fenwick warrants to the original purchaser that these rod series are free from defects in materials or workmanship for the life of the rod from the date of purchase. If a product proves defective in some way, return it prepaid with proof of the date of purchase.

HMX, Eagle GT, Intercoastal and Venture Rod Series - 5 Year Limited Warranty

Fenwick warrants to the original purchaser that these rod series are free from defects in materials or workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase. If a product proves defective in some way, return it prepaid with proof of the date of purchase.

The warranty center in Canada is crazy slow i found out there's only really one person dealing with the warranty work at this time. I've got 2 Fenwick Techna's still at the depot it's killing me in my tourney's

The last time I busted an HMX, I sent it to the Pure Fishing office in Manitoba. They wanted the rod with an explantion as to what happened and they quickly couriered another to me. I have had to do this twice in the past and each time they have been quick at getting me a replacement.

The contact info I used then was

Pure Fishing

815 Phillips Street

Portage La Prairie, Manitoba R1N 3C5

(877) 857-3467

This was 3 or 4 years ago so hopefully things have not changed

thank you EVERYONE for the input, i bout it at teh sportsmens show a couple years back fomr a store i think was called flaherty's. problem is i dont know if i can find the RECEIPT!!

im gonna try a few of the suggestoins and will update the post with some good news (i hope)

The last time I busted an HMX, I sent it to the Pure Fishing office in Manitoba. They wanted the rod with an explantion as to what happened and they quickly couriered another to me. I have had to do this twice in the past and each time they have been quick at getting me a replacement.

The contact info I used then was

Pure Fishing

815 Phillips Street

Portage La Prairie, Manitoba R1N 3C5

(877) 857-3467

This was 3 or 4 years ago so hopefully things have not changed

I sent a broken Techna AV to the above address and had my new rod within a month. This was about 3 years ago, mind you. Maybe things have slowed down or maybe I just got lucky. Also... I didn't have a receipt but I sent in a nice letter explaining what happened to the rod. No questions asked and it was replaced. I still like fenwick, a lot.

Used to be 5 years. The rods are sent back to PURE FISHING

I snapped my last 9'6" Salmon/Steelhead HMX rod too while using 8 Lb mono. After I got the replacement rod I sold it and moved to GL2. A different stiffer balnk but no trouble after 100+ big fish.

Edited by bigcougar