Bass Fishing - Got my NICKEL!!! Aug16 2009

Leecher

Well guys, today Paul and I targeted one of our local lake for bass..... a lake where I've never been before but only knew the name of it.... Got up at 4:15am, temperature was 21C and no wind..... Left home at 4:45am and made a pit stop to Tim and the way we go.

Got to destination at around 6:00am just before sunrise, got the boat launched and proceeded to the north side of the lake..... Surface temp was in the eighties, started working the weed lines with a chartreuse BigO and Paul had a black buzzbait.... didn't take long for Paul to land this beauty!!!

IMGP2042.jpg

Kept working the weed line and all of sudden BANG!!!! Fish on, fought this fish for a few minutes and told Paul to get the net..... landed a 32" pike, my PB this year.....

IMGP2043.jpg

Kept working the weed line and got another hit..... this time was a nice smallie

IMGP2045.jpg

As we were headed deeper on the north side, started seeing pencil reeds, so Paul switched to a white Spro frog and got rewarded with this one

IMGP2046.jpg

I switched to a jitterbug leopard green color for some top water action too and got rewarded with this 4Lbs largie!!!

IMGP2047.jpg

Paul got another on his Spro frog.... you can actually see the pencil reeds in the background B)

IMGP2048.jpg

Kept working the pencil reeds and all of sudden get a hit on my jitterbug, BANG.... set the hook and yell to Paul "GET THE NET" this one is heavy..... fought it for a good 3 minutes.... got airborne a few times and knew that it was a quality fish..... once in the net, I just could not believe the size of this pure specimen :w00t: Put it on the digi scale and this massive largie weighted in at 5Lbs 6oz and measured 21 1/2" :w00t:

I was so excited that I was shaking LOL Here it is folks.... my new PB and awesome first nickel!!!

IMGP2049.jpg

Another shot of her.... I just had to LOL

IMGP2050.jpg

Paul got another one on his Spro

IMGP2052.jpg

and I got another nice one on a Gulp 5" black sinking minnow.... she weighted in at 4Lbs 1oz and measured 19 1/2" but don't have the pic of it on my camera.... Paul has it. I'm sure he can add the pic later :)

Kept going on and Paul switched to a jig n pig and got one right away on his first cast B)

IMGP2054.jpg

He then switched to a white spinnerbait and got rewarded with this brute.... 4Lbs 8oz largie :worthy:

IMGP2056.jpg

Got another shot of her

IMGP2055.jpg

All in all was a great day of bass fishing with some awesome results...... We just could not ask for anything better. We left around 1:00pm cause the sun was just unbearable :w00t:

The lures of choice today were: White BigO and chartreuse, white Spro frog, white spinnerbait, jig n pig, Gulp 5" sinking minnow in black, jitterbug leopard green. All fish were released to be caught another day!!!

Thanks mon ami Paul for this awesome day of bassin :worthy::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

I'd like to leave you with this pic for last.... 5Lbs 6oz on my right hand and 4Lbs on my left

IMGP2053.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!!

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

He then switched to a white spinnerbait and got rewarded with this brute.... 3Lbs 8oz largie :worthy:

IMGP2056.jpg

Got another shot of her

IMGP2055.jpg

WoW ....

Talk about short changing a Guy.... :angry::wacko::wacko:

The Bass in question was 4.8lbs ( Four pounds eight ounces ) ............. :wallbash:

;):P:P

Jacques it was a Blast out there this morning ...you put on a real Bass clinic , Especiallly with that Old School Jitterbug... :wub::wub:

NICE!!!

Thanks Steve!!!

awesome ... :thumbsup_anim:

and now I know what to use in the pencil reeds

Thanks splashhopper!!! Yes the jitterbug is one productive lure..... It really worked today ;-)

Wonderful catch there. Don't you just love it when things come together.

Thanks Bruce!!! Mission accomplished.... yes I love when a plan comes together!!!

WOW, now that's an awesome day.

Congrats on the PB. B)

Thanks mistyriver1!!!

Nice looking Nickel & a great report

Richard

Thanks Richard!!!

Wow!!

You and Paul got it figured out.

Felicitation les gars!

Merci mon ami!!!

WOW, outstanding catch man. You 2 sure catch big fish up there!!

I'll get my nickle soon enough, it's been too long!

MTBF

Thanks Mike!!! You've been working hard at it.... and have no doubt that you'll hookup with one!!!

Nice Shiny Nickel!!!!

Thanks TJ!!!

WoW ....

Talk about short changing a Guy.... :angry::wacko::wacko:

The Bass in question was 4.8lbs ( Four pounds eight ounces ) ............. :wallbash:

;):P:P

Jacques it was a Blast out there this morning ...you put on a real Bass clinic , Especiallly with that Old School Jitterbug... :wub:

Paul it certainly was a blast.... I'm really sorry for my typo and it has been corrected :-)

Some hogs there. That is one hell of a day!

Thanks Dan!!!

Nice fishies! don't want to weigh in against you guys!!

jjcanoe

Thanks jjcanoe!!! not today LOL but no worries, it doesn't always pan out that way ;):P

WHAT A BRUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is a PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY MOLY jaques!

Congrats on that HOG of a bass.

Thanks Kev!!! That thing had my reel screaming for a little while..... but you know what.... top water bassin is #1 man!!!

Catching up on some posts after being on a trip to Kingston and keyed in on this topic.

Congratulations! I've hardly ever caught a largemouth, let alone anyting approaching that size!

That's a beautiful, healthy-looking specimen!