MTBF'S 2 WEEK REPORT

MCTFisher9120

Hello again everybody, i have not had a chance to read through the reports and threads yet so bare with me. I had a amazing time up in Eastern Ontario(35mins past the Smith Falls Exit on the 401) for these last 2 weeks. I caught/weighed 22 bass over 1.2lbs and pulled in 4 Bowfin and a nice sized pike for the area.

After a quick calaulation and look at my organized weight/species/photo # chart i prepared my biggest 5 bass gave me a weight of 17.7lbs...better than last years bag or around 13lbs+ as i remember.

So as in the title i got log's of pictures to share with you readers/viewers. We got out new boat fixed up and sea worthty, got a small motor and a battery, paddles, and carrying handles for out Thornes 12ft boat! It was a blast being able to stand up and cast and be safe and confident the boat was not going to throw me out of it. biggrin.gif

Now let me start with the photos:

So, here is a shot of our waterfront "Village" where we had our tents and cooking area out behind my grandmas house-
ScreenHunter_06Aug151705.jpg

My little brother, Doug and I out on the boat for the first time...also a future OFC'r!
ScreenHunter_01Aug151700.jpg

Doug getting to try out driving-
ScreenHunter_02Aug151702.jpg

Now keep in mind these photos were shot all within a 2 week time frame so in no particular order here the rest of them come.

Solo cruise into bass territory-
ScreenHunter_10Aug151707.jpg

Decent largie
ScreenHunter_11Aug151708.jpg

After about 5 hit/misses i landed my first bass on a frog...not a giant but a start!
ScreenHunter_03Aug151704-1.jpg
And with 1 comes 2!
ScreenHunter_04Aug151704.jpg

lol, as every report i try to include a animal picture...well here is something I'm sure everybody has seen-
ScreenHunter_09Aug151707.jpg

First "big" bass of the trip, 2.11 this fish was-
ScreenHunter_07Aug151706.jpg

For all you bowfin lovers out there here are some bowfin I pulled out of this lake during out trip-
5.11lbs
ScreenHunter_08Aug151706.jpg
3.14lbs
ScreenHunter_16Aug151710.jpg
(Bad photo I know)
6.1lb PB Bowfin
100_1352.jpg

Thought I would slide in a photo my my Great Grandmother who had her birthday this trip and turned a astonishing 101 years old clapping.gif
ScreenHunter_29Aug151717.jpg

Thought I would throw in some Crappie's also before I get to the bass segment-
The first
ScreenHunter_28Aug151717.jpg
And the Second
ScreenHunter_37Aug151720.jpg

On to bass...otherwise known as the best fish of freshwater smile.gif

Took my Dad out fishing and got him use to fishing weeds with my snakes
largie on the snake(as many of the other fish)
ScreenHunter_27Aug151716.jpg

And another he caught on our outing
ScreenHunter_24Aug151714.jpg

Ok, back to me. Cool shot of a 1lb bass's throat with a small 3-4" perch it almost swallowed...keeping in mind the 7" snake it tried to eat!
ScreenHunter_26Aug151715.jpg

Average size bass
ScreenHunter_25Aug151715.jpg
And a long skinny bass
ScreenHunter_22Aug151714.jpg
Shot 2
ScreenHunter_23Aug151714.jpg

Caught a lot of panfish on those shad shallow cranks by Rapala but this was a nice fish i pulled up trolling on the mouth of a bay
ScreenHunter_21Aug151713.jpg

Ran up to the shore to get a pic of this bass in the evening
ScreenHunter_19Aug151711.jpg

Perfect rod/lure shot
ScreenHunter_20Aug151713.jpg

Grass bass
ScreenHunter_17Aug151710.jpg
Shot 2
ScreenHunter_18Aug151710.jpg

One of my 3lb range bass
Catch
ScreenHunter_35Aug151720.jpg

And Release
ScreenHunter_36Aug151720.jpg

Photo my my younger cousin who i taught how to fish and well made her happy
ScreenHunter_30Aug151718-1.jpg

3.4lb largemouth i caught on a skitter pop.
ScreenHunter_33Aug151719.jpg

Back to back bass
ScreenHunter_44Aug151723.jpg
ScreenHunter_43Aug151723.jpg

Another high 2lb fish
ScreenHunter_22Aug151714.jpg

This was a very very good size smallie for this lake. I didn't even catch a second smallmouth so I was sure to get a photo and let this fish go....had to be 18-20" long. It weighed 3.4lbs and it was skinny.
ScreenHunter_50Aug151726.jpg

3.9lbs of pure bucketmouth
ScreenHunter_59Aug151729.jpg

This was the 2nd best highlight of my trip was catching a pike. Always loved to catch pike and for here in a foot of water this was a grand catch!
3.5lbs it was but being so long in the fall this fish IMO could top 4lbs or so and well for such a small lake it brought a smile to my face, light line and no leader got this beauty in...also 1 of 4 fish we kept was this pike.
ScreenHunter_51Aug151726-1.jpg

Here is another pic of my cousin with a 2.10lb bass
ScreenHunter_58Aug151729.jpg

Now it's my time to shine. I went out to a deep water edge(30ft) off of a rock wall and threw out my snake as I was tying a lure onto another rod. Not expecting a hit something smashes my bait!

After a hook set i was fighting this Trophy and not seeing it i thought i had to of had a pike on but to my boat came up a 21" long 15" girth 4.10lb largemouth bass...pure adrenalin and excitement came to my face. I also had the bass entered into the Wings Live Bait annual fishing tournament and as of now I have the second biggest largemouth bass! Thats right country fokes a Oshawa Boy came in and bumped you all down a spot cool.gif

ScreenHunter_39Aug151721.jpg
ScreenHunter_41Aug151722-1.jpg
ScreenHunter_40Aug151722-1.jpg

That's right Team 4, 21" + Upcoming bonus points!
ScreenHunter_42Aug151723.jpg
Tournament weigh in sign-
ScreenHunter_52Aug151726.jpg

Here's a pic of our ride when it was full and dirty
ScreenHunter_55Aug151728.jpg

And a pic when of it empty and clean
ScreenHunter_60Aug151730.jpg

Thanks for reading everybody,
Tightlines,
MTBF
ScreenHunter_61Aug151730.jpg

EDIT*

I gathered some statistics of the fish I caught. Now smaller fish were caught by my dad and brother and were not recorded but on the occasions when I went out I weighed and recorded. I have my best 5 bass, and a bass average I calculated using a Ounces to pounds equation.
Main Weight/Species Chart
ScreenHunter_01Aug161050.jpg

2nd Chart
ScreenHunter_02Aug161050.jpg

I read on my map of this lake that the average was between 1-2lbs....Guess there has been a rise.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Way to go Mike. You crushed them. Some really nice Largies there for sure. I had that exact same boat and caught lots of fish out of it. They are really unstable but once you get the hang of it, it does the job.

You really improved on last year. Looks like you have been studying. Godd job bud. You must have been stoked with that 21" Donkey.

Congrats on what looks like a fantastic holiday!

i have not had a chance to read through the reports and threads yet so bare with me.

I was a bit scared to look at your pics as you are clearly threatening nudity with this statement (not only that, but it appears that you want us to be as well)

WOW!!!! Looks like the most successful trip you've had this year, lots of bass, some bowfin, and finally a pike!!! :D Congrats on the catches, and thanks for the addition to the teams points!!!!! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Your friendly neighborhood fisherman,

PF ;)

Mike.... It certainly looks like you had a great time out on the water and put on a clinic for us all..... Loved the bowfin pics..... never caught one of those before and them big bass B):clapping:

Great job MTBF

Thanks for sharing

Leechman