TC10Z Gets a Taste of BBR's NO FEAR Fishin'

Rich

Yesterday hooked up with TC10Z and buddy Rob (who I think is now a member here) for a day of bass fishing at some semi-local ponds. Rob has been hyping the ponds up in the past, promoting to me the amazing slop fishing opportunities.. so we decided to give it a shot.

Phase 1 since TC didn't have a hitch.. getting the boat to the pond! Got it covered pretty quick even in my hungover stumbling stupid state. Good thing TC was in the right state of mind!

DSC00575.jpg

Actually tying it to the roof worked out not too bad. Pretty easy, compared to the days of tying it to the roof of Sleded's S10 or my mom's Sunfire, LOL

So we pick up our guide, Rob.. and start fishing a pond where I usually have success, he keeps raggin' on it telling me to go to his "hotspot".. then the S O B nails the 1st bass of the day on a Hula Popper.

DSC00577.jpg

Now it's shaping up to be a beautiful day. It's hot, sunny and barely any wind. We fish a few more of my spots then I finally give in and decide to portage to Rob's super mega hotspot for slop fishing. Rob was under the impression however that I fish like other mortals, not realizing I fish about 50 times faster than any normal person. lol I figure, if the electric motor's there, keep it goin!

After quite a dry spell I finally do connect with a little bass on a buzzbait.

DSC00578.jpg

Rob and TC are flabbergasted. The boat is moving so quick they have no idea how to cast. I could tell they were getting frustrated.. and so was I. LOL I slowed down as much as I humanly can.. and it was painful!

DSC00580.jpg

So we were all havin' a good time despite the slow fishing, everything was great.. we heard some thunder in the background. We all made excuses as to what it could be - denying the fact that there were thunderstorms coming. "It's a military shooting range" "It's the gravel place" "It's a factory"... then we saw the storm. I know, it's been discussed, but we were there on the front lines. We made it to the boat ramp JUST as the wind SUDDENLY picked up, on those ponds there were 3 foot rollers that picked the boat right up and put it on shore, then tried to take it away. Thank goodness TC grabbed the rope for the boat or it might have been gone! The wind was INSANE, I definitely thought A) there was gonna be a tornado on top of us or B) a tree was gonna kill one of us. I have been out in A LOT of thunderstorms, but that was by far the scariest I've ever been out in. We toughed it out and waited at the launch for it to pass.. things were uncomfortable after that but it did start to get warm and nice again.

We portaged back into my pond and Rob nailed the big bass of the day which wasn't that big but none of us were gonna complain at that point!

DSC00581.jpg

About an hour after TC had to make his long trek back home, unfortunately he did not catch a fish on this outing. On the way back I nailed a whopper bluegill on a grub. lol

Upon returning, we found a tree had toppled across the launch, maybe 10 feet from TC's van. CLOSE CALL!!

After TC headed home a defeated man and probably cursing the day he decided to fish with BBR, Rob and I BBQ'd some hot dogs. Rob was worn out however because this was his state from about 7:30PM til midnight.

DSC00591-1.jpg

Well it was great to meet TC10Z, great guy. Did not complain about slow fishing or slamming the Filth Hound around, or even me flying the boat around way too fast, lol. TC if you ever make it out this way again I promise we'll go to a more GUARANTEED fishery, LOL and try to plan better around the weather perhaps.

Had a great time out there boys, can't wait to do it again.