Eagle Suprapro ID fishfinder

fisher

I have an old Eagle Suprapro ID fish finder on my boat that I have grown very comfortable with to the point where I can actually see a Salmon just before it hits my lure when trolling in Lake Ontario. It works great and it does what I need it to do so I don't think I need to spend hundreds on a newer unit.

Anyway, now that I justified why I have this old unit, to the point of my post:

The transducer cable is worn out where it attaches to the back of the unit to the point that it occassionally pops out when running at high speeds and I have to then plug it back and re-do my settingst. It is a little bit of a pain on choppy days.

So, does anyone have one of these units they want to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Frank

I own the very same unit, love it for what it does, and I have the very same problem with the cable now. I am just going to order a new HS-WSPC transducer/power cable for it. This will be the 2nd one for me, 3rd including the original. I did not keep the original one(should have). I could have just spliced the cables, as the failure on the original was where the cable went into the transducer, it got frayed. Solved that problem with the 2nd one by hot glueing a loop right at the transducer and where the cable went into it, creating a strain releif.

Do you mind telling me where you order one of those replacements and how much?

The alternative is to do as you suggest and glue the connection. Really no need to take it off other than the few occassions I dock it or otherwise leave the boat unattended.