Big Bald Lake

Silverback93

Hey Everyone,

I'm heading up to a cottage on a family friends lake known as Big Bald off Pigeon.

I understand there is a small boat which won't be able to take me very far, but I was hoping to hear whether there are muskies in Big Bald.

The boat has nothing more then a motor, so no electronics to help me hunt.

I will have family responsibilities as well while up there, so I was hoping someone could point me to a hotspot and I'll make the most of my time on the water.

If the muskie don't roam in these parts, maybe some largies?

Greatly appreciate and great site!

Cheers

Cheers

Edited by Silverback93

This is a known spot for Muskies and will also have walleye and bass around it along with lots of panfish for the kids. It isn't too far out of Big Bald into Pigeon but can be a little treacherous without any electronics.

Be careful when venturing out of Bald, narrow channels and lots of small islands and hidden rocks.

Cheers,

Tom.

Bald lake has muskies and largemouth in good numbers. The muskies aren't the biggest but the largemouth are a good size.

You might need a medium weight rod with 20# + line to yank fish out of the weeds.

Try on the edges of weeds towards deeper water. Topwaters will probably be good up there early morning or evening.

It is very weedy up there, so finding open pockets would be a good choice.

There are some good sized musky in Big Bald this one was 47"

coolshots035.jpg

There is a good sized bay on the north side of the lake with a very nice weed egde.Troll the open water area between the point off the north shore and the island with the cottage. Check your PM's

There are some good sized musky in Big Bald this one was 47"

coolshots035.jpg

There is a good sized bay on the north side of the lake with a very nice weed egde.Troll the open water area between the point off the north shore and the island with the cottage. Check your PM's

Hehe, yep I know that bay. Right near it's mouth on the west shoreline there's was a marker buoy that always held a fish or 2.

I managed a mid 40's fish there myself. :)