Boat Motor Manuals & Repair websites

splashhopper

Since I am now looking earnestly for a small tinnie, I have been following a lot of the posts on the board about boat /engine repairs etc.

I am starting this thread for HELP LINKS ONLY please.

Here are a couple I found so far:

Manuals etc

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/

Parts and repair manuals

http://www.outboardrepairs.com/

Please add anymore that you are aware of.

Thanks

Splashhopper

Edited by splashhopper

Thanks for posting. Would be nice if there was a Trouble shooter site. A friend has a 25 Johnson 3 cylinder. The motor is a night mare :wallbash: . He has spent $1500.00 to fix it and still has the same problem :wallbash: . Motor runs great for a couple hours then has no power. The mechanic's are scratching there heads :dunno: .

Thanks for posting. Would be nice if there was a Trouble shooter site. A friend has a 25 Johnson 3 cylinder. The motor is a night mare :wallbash: . He has spent $1500.00 to fix it and still has the same problem :wallbash: . Motor runs great for a couple hours then has no power. The mechanic's are scratching there heads :dunno: .

There is a great trouble shooter site for outboard motors etc The Marine Doctor I have used this guys site several times and have recieved excellent help for an old 9 hp Viking outboard I had as well as some tips on servicing my little 3 hp Johnson. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting. Would be nice if there was a Trouble shooter site. A friend has a 25 Johnson 3 cylinder. The motor is a night mare . He has spent $1500.00 to fix it and still has the same problem . Motor runs great for a couple hours then has no power. The mechanic's are scratching there heads .

Sounds like coils ... especially if it runs well until hot and then wont start

Edited by camillj