First Pike in 14 Years

hoot33

Hey all, Im pumped. I caught my first pike in 14 years yesterday. Was fishing for bass but he hit my top water frog.

He wasn't the biggest pike in the world but he sure was fun. Take a peek.

aggyp5v8eb9x7loklqrp_thumb.jpg

Its 5:14 am here and Im about to go and hit the water again. :)

Be back with more pics soon :)

hey guys got my first Pike ever last week on Baptiste, (actually my first fish ever on Baptiste) about 18" long, wish I had a pic to share future son in law didn't know how to use the camera :rolleyes: and I had trouble with hook so once I got it out I wanted to get him back into the water.

caught 3 more this morning, lost the lure I caught them all with though on a bigger one lol. Going to Canadian Tire to replace the lure.

Where are you from. I would like to come and fish for some pike w/ ya..lol

Good photos in the pic.the.fish site. I just sing up and posted some photos to....

If you start targetting them, you would be well advised to use a 80lb fluorocarbon leader with appropriate snaps and swivels.

After being bitten off with 30lb and then 50lb braid like it was cotton candy, I started using the fluoro and haven't been broken yet(fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Mark

If you start targetting them, you would be well advised to use a 80lb fluorocarbon leader with appropriate snaps and swivels.

After being bitten off with 30lb and then 50lb braid like it was cotton candy, I started using the fluoro and haven't been broken yet(fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Mark

Good advice thats for sure, second time one has snapped my line.

Good going hoot33 :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love catching pike on top water B)

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Ya I really didnt think they'd be hitting it as hard as they were but in 6-8 ft of water it was working amazing, I was fishing for bass to be honest, but as soon as I noticed the pike striking I figured wth why not lol :D