Awenda Provincial park

Guest steel'n'esox

Guest steel'n'esox

Has anyone camped at Awenda provincial park on G-Bay, by Midland, any feedback would be appreciated on the fishing, quality,quantity etc and the park itself thanx There is no boat launch, but one close by in Penatang. No hotspots needed more fun finding them on my own

I live around the corner from it but never camped in it. It is a natural Park, so no beaches or such. The launch in Penetang I think charges 20 for non residents. Fishing up here can be good, a Musky was caught in Penetang Bay, there are Walleye, Bass. Pike and of course access to lots of water in G-Bay ;) if you have a boat that can handle bigger water. Sorry I'm not too much help but I try...

Maureen

My sister was just there this week, they seem to like it. I think they take day trips and such and have been going to Awenda at least 2 or 3 times. I can ask her maybe later today if she is back how the park is. There might be a pond there too? not sure though. Will post again after i talk to my sister, gotta get the boat hooked up now, get to go fishing, yee haw, please no lightning....

John

Been several years since we were there, but its a nice park. The campsites are not all bunched together, so you have at least a bit of privacy in that regard. Wife liked it better than me, for like I say its is really nice if you like bird watching and walking along nice trails. The kids swam at the beach and didn't seem to mind it being rocky and natural.

At the time I had a 12 foot car topper and a 3 hp motor and as such didn't feel comfortable in the 'big water' of Penetang, which was the only place I could find that may have had fishing opportunities. We had checked out a small lake that was in the park, can't recall its name now, but I don't think there was any fish in it, the park staff couldn't tell anything about it anyhow :huh:

I found it kinda boring after a few days, but again, if fishing is not the top of your priority list for a camping trip...then its a great park, IMO.