Lake Of A Million Walleye ~ Northern Ontario Fly In Adventure

solopaddler

i may have missed it, but was their an outpost cabin at the backlake you trekked to? Or did you bring tent gear with as you portaged to the back lake. I dunno if i woulda given up the cabin on the main lake for 5 days lol

Ok, i went thru and looked at your pics again, yeah.......id give up the cabin, oh and the shower LOL

Edited by Blaque

i may have missed it, but was their an outpost cabin at the backlake you trekked to? Or did you bring tent gear with as you portaged to the back lake. I dunno if i woulda given up the cabin on the main lake for 5 days lol

No the back lake had no cabin.

We stayed on our lake and travelled back and forth each day.

Not as bad as it sounds as we left the 2 boats and motors in there for the duration of the trip only dragging them back out on the last day we fished.

We had a 3rd boat that we walked back to each day to get us back to the cabin....

Thanks again everyone!

I think I should be a travel agent. I've fielded quite a few private inquiries LOL!

Okay...I'll guess I'll try...seeing that four or so before me have failed.

What lake / what outfitter?

It's not like everyone is going to spend the big money (or even can) to head way north on a fly-in and spoil the location.

I read a lot on this board, and the tight-lipped non-disclosure of "where" on most posts always makes me laugh...

What? Is it some kind of taboo to ask? A breach of etiquette?

What? Is it some kind of taboo to ask? A breach of etiquette?

As a matter of fact yes.

If I had wanted to post the location publicly for the entire world to see I would have.

Is it too hard to understand that I might possibly want to go back there one day?

Is too hard to understand that a lake like that is vulnerable and can be fished down?

FYI I have fielded numerous pm's asking me the same questions you have.

The vast majority I've supplied with the info, some I have not.

As a matter of fact yes.

If I had wanted to post the location publicly for the entire world to see I would have.

Is it too hard to understand that I might possibly want to go back there one day?

Is too hard to understand that a lake like that is vulnerable and can be fished down?

FYI I have fielded numerous pm's asking me the same questions you have.

The vast majority I've supplied with the info, some I have not.

Gee Mike, I didn't realize that we visited the ONLY lake in Northern Ontario that holds Walleye and Pike! :huh:

:lol:

C'mon though, you know as well as I do average size like that is pretty rare. I've never seen anything like it on a small inland lake...

For sure, no argument there but in the age of internet reports etc, way too many people are looking to be spoon fed. Where's the sense of adventure?

For sure, no argument there but in the age of internet reports etc, way too many people are looking to be spoon fed. Where's the sense of adventure?

True.

What many don't understand is you rarely just "stumble" onto this kind of fishing blindly. I did a huge amount of research beforehand: phone calls, emails, checking references, talking to mnr biologists, pouring over maps and satellite images, etc., etc., etc...

Nothing was taken on chance. I pretty much knew beforehand the fishing would be good..

This is the same research I've done for every trip of substance I've ever done.

I've actually got an entire filing cabinet at home with info I've collected on hundreds of locations over the years.

That's the entire key to success right there.