HELP looking for a good spot for carp fishing in london ontario

justin-salmon

There are both white bass and sheepshead as far as Fanshawe dam.

The ponds you are referring to are "The Coves". Can't say I've ever fished them, but if you are looking for carp, I'd just stick with the river. Try the Greenway Park area to start. The park is off Springbank.

Edited by Beats

"The Coves" are stuffed full of CArp, Suckers, Catfish and uhmm... Largies! I have a buddy who owns a place that backs on to the coves. Carp are hrd to get, very spookey in the Coves. Could never get them to bite.

Best bet for CArp, as Beats mentioned is Greenway Park. Start at the train bridge and work you way down stream, until you hit the small creek which empties the Coves into the Thames.

Actually, that whole stretch of river down stream all along up to the Greenway Break wall is great for Carp. And the beauty of the Tahmes is that you never really know what's gonna bite your line!

HH

you might want to try Pond Mills as well .....this is going back a few years but we used to fish it every day in the summer months as kids and the carp and snapping turtles were a hindrance to the bass fishing we were trying to do ...ahhh the good ole days...i was actually fishing in there when across my transistor radio ...there was an announcement that Elvis was dead...