last weekends fishing/camping trip!

pike slayer

hey guys, last friday my buddy and i headed out towards aubery falls to probably my favorite pike lake of all time. We stayed from friday night till monday evening. Saturday we fished the lake in the pouring rain, within the first minute of fishing my buddy hooks into a fish and while i shut down the motor i start casting while hes unhooking his fish, i hook into another pike that was around 2lbs and as im unhooking it the pike goes nuts and i drop the fish and the one hook goes right into my knuckle and the fish is hanging from my hand and i rip the hook out right away barb and all and the blood just comes pouring out, way to start the weekend haha!! but we did get 31 pike from 10am-4pm, ok fishing considering the weather and we took back 7 small pike and one very small pike that its gills got mangled. Saturday night we packed up our gear and headed north a just little ways past aubery to a small lake that was suppose to contain pike and walleye. we camped there and in the morning we fished it hard all day throwing our tackle boxes out there and not even a follow up. first and last time i got there haha, not to often i get skunked,especially pike fishing.so we loaded the truck and booted it back to the other pike lake from the day before. and we fished from 7pm-9pm. We were fishing this honey hole of mine and my buddy is unhooking a fish and the thing goes nuts and gets 2 hooks in the palm of the hand and my pliers go flying in the lake hahaha and he goes "now i know how you felt on saturday" but we did end up getting 17more pike. the one pike we got was a fat pig and had a small whitefish in him. monday we slept in cause of the rain again till the crack of noon and fished from 12-3pm in the rain and got another 9pike before we packed it in and headed back home. so it was an ok weekend getting only 57 pike throughout the weekend and battling the rain, finger hooks which have never happened to either of us before and i hope they dont happen again for a while, and the skunking on a pike/walleye lake. but we had a pretty good time! and all fish were caught on x-raps or storm thundersticks

and the pics definitely wont upload GREAT just typed all this grrrrrr

Edited by worm dangler

For the pics, get a photobucket account... much easier than resizing!!!

Sounds like a productive trip except for the hooks in the hands. It's better to go ahead and push a hook through and cut off the barb than to snatch it back out. A lot less bleeding and damage, it will also heal much quicker!