Otonabee River Advice

sneak_e_pete

Hi all, planning a trip to fish the Otonabee this Monday. Only fished it once before, but had a small boat and wasn't able to travel much. I have the new boat now and can venture around. I was planning on launching about 6 km's up from Rice Lake. Any advice/info would be appreciated. Looking for bass and walleye.

Also, if you have any other suggestions on where to go for a day trip that would be cool. Coming from Stoney Creek. I enjoy fishing the stumps and blowdowns for bass, so that is why I picked the Otonabee.

Thanks in advance.

I fished the Ottonabee for miles over the weekend. The bite on Rice was slow so I fished the river for most of the day, flipping stick in hand. Bite was a little slow but ended up with a bunch of decent bass by the end of the day.

My only advice is put the trolling motor and go. There are miles and miles of fallen trees. Just keep fishing the trees and you will get bit.

Have only fished the Peterborough area for the last few years, but I remember when I was a teen we'd cruise up the Ottonabee and push pole our way into swamps on the sides of the river. We nailed some big bass back there..

I've not fished the Otonobee from a boat before, but have done lots of wading and fishing in it.

I don't know the spots that far down except for Squirrel Creek, where the launch is and I've always done well there on crawfish baits. They kill them.