Boaters Card

laszlo

That is correct........but what's next, a license to swim in public waters... :rolleyes:

Hey, Its the governments responsibility to protect us, so be nice and follow the rules.

I'm gonna get my card next month.

Yup, I was just looking into that. Our requirements are a little less than yours, so I'm ordering a boater saftey kit along with the tackle I need for my upcoming trip. Proof of residence isn't an issue; I'm not one to be without eighteen or so forms of ID.

Well, you will have a passport with you so thats easy enough.

Hey, Its the governments responsibility to protect us, so be nice and follow the rules.

I'm gonna get my card next month.

Well, you will have a passport with you so thats easy enough.

Where is it written that the government is responsible to protect you ? ? ?

And no passport is required to enter Canada...............

Where is it written that the government is responsible to protect you ? ? ?

And no passport is required to enter Canada...............

Its an unwritten rule in Canada that the government is there to protect us from ourselves.

Its a rule that you need one to get back. If they let you back without one, thats fine with me.

Its an unwritten rule in Canada that the government is there to protect us from ourselves.

Its a rule that you need one to get back. If they let you back without one, thats fine with me.

Happened to my friend, he forgot his passport when he was in NYC.

Canada obviously let him in without looking at his ID or anything...I mean its the Canadian border.

He had a little hassle getting back to the US but he did have his military ID and birth certificate! I think the rule only applies if your not American hahaha.

You are posting many things that are not true in the least. You need to study up on these topics and get back to us once you know what you are talking about....... :rolleyes:

Yup, I was just looking into that. Our requirements are a little less than yours, so I'm ordering a boater saftey kit along with the tackle I need for my upcoming trip. Proof of residence isn't an issue; I'm not one to be without eighteen or so forms of ID.

If your Heading up north keep in mind the saftey kit is only $9.99 at Canadian Tire a store you will find in almost any town. Save your self some money.

Its interesting how the government jeopardizes the safety of people who rent a boat so they can stuff a few more bucks in their pocket from boat rentals and don't require them to get licenses and yet people who boat regularily (and know what they are doing) need to have one. Generally speaking, most people who rent boats are inexperienced, and have the greatest chance of having something go wrong. In fact, when I first rented a boat, I couldn't believe how easy it was to get access to a boat, especially considering I have never even been in a boat at the time. The lodge owner didn't even show me how to use the boat or nothing. Not that its rocket science, but I would of expected some sort of instruction.

When you rent a boat basically you do the test dockside every time you rent, if you don't pass your not suposed to get the boat, so if everybody complies your safety is hardly jeopardized by the gov. any more than usual.

NO

When you rent a boat you do not do a test. You receive a boat rental checklist where the rental authority basically signs off that you were instructed in the safe operation of the boat, the local hazards have been told to you & the proper safety equipment is on board. You also sign the checklist agreeing to the above.

Rick