Georgian bay musky fishing

DANIMAL

I am thinking about trying georgian bay for for my first time for musky this weekend. I have a good map of the severn sound area. Would this be a good area to start? And generally what type of structure should I be looking for? And any other tips and tricks anybody is willing to offer would be great. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post. Thanks.

you can be spitting distance to a rock that'll take your lower unit off but be in 60' of water. ;) there are times we have the boat sitting in 40'+ casting at a shoal a few feet beneath the surface. don't be afraid to cast to the deep side too.

i'd say though, for you 1st time up there, there's no better way to start picking apart teh water than trolling. you will find spots to cast.

Edited by Raf

[quote name='Raf' date='Aug 6 2009, 10:00 AM' post='370223'

i'd say though, for you 1st time up there, there's no better way to start picking apart teh water than trolling. you will find spots to cast.

That's my new water thinking too. Best of luck, Hope to here some good news on your return!

Georgian Bay is one of the most beautiful places in the world and one of the toughest bodies of water to catch a Musky. Especially a quality fish...

Keep in mind that alot of good anglers only take a handful of fish per season and have fun.

Anything can happen on the Bay.

Johnny

I had to go and recheck the regs for myself (after I posted, doh!).

Sure enough, I was mistaken.

It states in the exceptions on p.65 regarding zones 13 & 14, although this is clearly marked as an exception for zone 13

listed under waterbody

Lake Huron(main Basin), excluding South Bay on Manitoulin Island, Georgian Bay(zone 14), the North Channel(zone 14) and tributaries to Lake Huron in zones 10, 15, and 16.

listed under exception details

Two lines may be used when trolling from a boat in open water.

Why even bring up Georgian Bay or the North Channel(zone 14)? Just cite Zone 13 and exclusions therein.

On a totally different bent, why can't you run two lines on Georgian Bay? Its allowed on most of the Great Lakes and even the Lower Niagara.

It just seems so arbitrary.

Ain't government grand.

Cheers,

Mark