Emily provincial park

Lunatic

Hi, a few of us are heading out to emily pp to camp for the weekend and hope to get a lot of fishing done.

ive never been there before. If anyone has been there,what can i expect for atmosphere,what fish are in the area, any tips where to start or an area to concentraite on?

my gf hasnt caught anything aside from some bluegill and catfish and is starting to become discouraged,which will mean less fishing for me,this is her first year fishing so im hoping she can pull in a bass or something to keep her encouraged.

we will be probably renting a canoe to hopefully increase those odds.

any help would be great

thanks

I went for my first time last year and it was alright. You will need a boat of some kind to access the better fishing areas. Not much really for shore fishing other than the docks. Lots of bass close by along the weedbeds.Never caught any walleye but did have a couple follows from musky. I wish I could of had another day or 2 to explore the lake. There were some people fishing near the bridge in front of the park from shore that were catching some nice bass.

early in the morning toss a weedless plastics to the weedbeds around the swimming area and docks. you can rent canoes from the park, or as said theres the place just around the corner by the bridge. on the other side from the gas station/store theres a small area to park and you can walk down under the bridge and fish from the bottom of the bridge or wade in the water. alot of largemouth in the area, i had a smallish musky follow in a perch i was reeling in too. got a few crappie from that bridge area as well...lots of perch, sunfish.

Emily is a great PP, for they really have a great park store that offers all kinds of gear for rent in case you forgot something etc. The fishing is pretty good too even from shore, my son and I used to go down to the beach before sunrise in the morning and cast to bouy line of the swimming area (basically the weed edge) with 6" Gulp Natural Crawlers rigged either wacky or texas and we always got at least a half dozen nice bass. There is a small dock in between the two beach areas and from there I used to throw out a soft plastic jerkbait rigged weedless and work it through the weeds...got some nice ones there.

I took my grandkids to the docks and also over by the bridge area and had lots of fun catching panfish. Obviously if you have a boat, then you will be able to venture further. But thats what I liked about Emily...nice park and you didn't really need a boat to get into some decent fishing.

The one downer in recent years has been the goose poop polluting the beach areas...and the park staff just plowing it into the sand each morning instead of cleaning it up.

I'm sure you will enjoy the park, post some pics if you can.

I stayed at Triple "T" Cedars cottages for a week 10yrs ago. It's on the other side of the bridge from EmilyPP. We did well throwing only spinnerbaits in the 1/4oz and 3/8oz sizes. Four of us landed 42 bass, 9 muskies & 4 walleyes during that week. A good spot is just outside the swimming area rope at Triple "T" Cedars, and farther north, the floating sign at Fee's Landing. On a canoe day trip I caught a musky in the bay right across from the beach on a white spinnerbait.