Back from Lake Nipissing (report)

laszlo

Back to the real world after a 4 day trip to Lake Nipissing.

Here's the numbers:

Total Hours Fishing: 11

Total Fish Landed: 15

Was planning on doing about twice as much fishing as I did but rain and some major winds had me playing scrabble &

taking afternoon naps.

Let the pics begin...

17" Smallie caught right where a creek runs into a channel with a little current and rock bottom

173zoom.jpg

Also caught 5 Largemouth in this same channel. To both sides of the creek mouth there were lilly pads with nice calm water.

It's too bad the largest one I caught was 15" so I didn't bother taking any pics of them. The lunker awaits me next time I guess.

Same spot with the company of Mr. Great Blue Heron.

p1010174q.jpg

The Pike situation was a little difficult with the combo of wind, rain and lack of sun.

I did get a few with this 28"er being the biggest. Did fight well and a new Personal Best!

175zoom.jpg

This Smallie bit like a perch and then swam straight to the boat. I had no idea how big he was until he freaked

out by the boat and suddenly became the best fighter I've ever caught. He measured up at 19.5". My new Personal Best!

198zoom.jpg

Hmmm........should i give ugly old sheephead a picture.

Why not?

196zoom.jpg

Sorry but no Musky pics. 10 years since my last and counting. One day.

Random pics.

p1010224p.jpg

p1010222h.jpg

Run down nasty Motel.

p1010241f.jpg

p1010129.jpg

So that does it for my trips to Nipissing for this year. Well, maybe one more in Sept. if I'm lucky.

Hope you enjoyed.

Edited by laszlo

Geat country up there. Sorry ya didn't latch onto a musky, but some very nice catches there none-the-less. I'll be up that way in just a month. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the September for both of us. Thanks for sharing Laszlo

Edited by Rich Clemens

Rich I have to agree with you. Absolutely love it up there.

Good luck in Sept. Hope you catch a 50 incher!!!

Make ya a deal. Why don't we each catch one ?

Usually I'm up there for two weeks, but this year, it's only one. Second week heading over to Eastern Ontario and spend a week with my Dad.

Great report Laszlo! Nice pics too!! I fished nipissing many many times and oh, that wind, can really screw up a weeks fishing. What was your best word score for the week :D

Thanks for sharing,

John

JINX

J lands on double word with X landing on double letter

total = 52 points

She is a weimeraner. Weimeraner just may be the hardest word to remember.

Oh, she also enjoys fishing herself...

p1010016k.jpg

She is a beauty. Super rare dog right there. From what i remember they are suppost to be one of the, if not the best temperment and behavioural dogs there are.

They're great dogs. Like any other dog, they need to know who's boss.

Also, because of their high energy, they require a good 30-45 minutes of off leash exercise every day so

they settle in the house and are not a huge pain in the ass. Biking works well for that.

Other then that...amazing animal.

Great sense of humor as well.

Excellent, can't wait to get up there. Hope it doesn't rain or be windy, 30degrees 0km wind would be just fine (like there has been even one day like that this summer, is it just me or did we not used to get a solid 3 weeks of 30 degrees and sunny in Ontario each year?)

Good job, big bass and nice pike not to mention, peace and calm.