A HUGE Public Thanks To DRIFTER 016!!

solopaddler

I just returned from my fly in trip late last night, it was absolutely amazing and I'll try and post something as soon as I can...

Anyhow while I was away Dave had been working overtime on my behalf...

It's funny how life works. Some of you may remember I was recently in the market for a newer 40hp 4 stroke motor.

I ultimately bought an '07 Yamaha and beyond the fast idle speed which I'll get corrected, it's a great motor.

Dave emailed me about a week and 1/2 ago about another motor.

He had found an '06 40hp Honda for sale up in Yellowknife for a ridiculously cheap price.

It was so cheap that I just had to buy it.

Couldn't have done it without Dave. First off he went and checked it out thoroughly for me, then after I bought it he spent almost 2 days building a crate to ship it in for me.

Here's the motor and Daves handiwork:

motor.jpg

motor1.jpg

motor2.jpg

motor3.jpg

motor4.jpg

motor5.jpg

It's going to cost me roughly $350 to have it shipped from Yellowknife to my front door in Grimsby in 6 business days.

There's a bit of very minor repair work needed on the cavitation plate which won't cost much, and beyond that it's mint.

This has worked out incredibly well for me and it would have been impossible without Daves help.

Thanks buddy, I owe you huge!!

(You're the best. :) )

I've always found the board to be helpful. When I was fiddling with my swing tongue and wiring for the trailer, members offered to come give me a hand. I also remember Irishfield offering to repair an aluminum hull for a donation to a cancer organization. And I know I've gotten so much help online from members that I made a small donation myself since I cannot possibly repay the favour with my limited information. Kudos to OFC for having such good citizens!

I've always found the board to be helpful. Kudos to OFC for having such good citizens!

Totally agree!

Mike you is so thrifty!! I'm thoroughly impressed bud.

You still gonna be up north as of the 7th??!

cheers

HD

I'm headed up the 14th-22nd bud.

If you can make it up for some fishing that'd be great!

MORE SPEED = LESS TIME ON HIGHWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inside joke. Thanks for the laugh buddy! :lol:

Very nice. Always great to see the people on the board helping each other out. Good stuff Dave :thumbsup_anim: and enjoy the new motor Mike! :Gonefishing:

Yep this board rocks.

(Someone else will be enjoying the new/used Honda though, not me :) )

Wow Mike we have alot in common I just went the opposite way.Same name.Born the same year .

I have owned an SSV with a 50hp Honda .

I just upgraded to a 60hp Yamaha .You went one way I went the other.

we both own a 2hp Honda.

So far Honda has been the most reliable boat motor for me .Had a 2000 Honda 50hp,1980 Honda 7.5hp both zero problems.

2hp so far so good.

I will have to see how yamaha compares.

My buddy GlennK has a top speed of 29 to 30mph with his 40 Honda a Lund 1625 Classic much heavier than the SSV so you are going to fly with the new Motor Mike.Enjoy

MTP