Att North Bay Area Fisherman

LucG

I know fisherman don't like to give away their fishing holes, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I'm not fortunate enought to have a boat/motor (yet) but I do have a nice 16 ft canoe.

Can anyone suggest a few good places to take the canoe out and catch some fish.

I've been up the lavase a few times, but the fishing wasn't the best.

I've tried Circle Lake, dead in the middle of North Bay, to my surprise, I caught several small pike and even a few largemouth bass.

Any other good areas? Does anyone know if Four Mile Lake holds anything?

Thanks

Edited by LucG

Try those two lakes beside the highway when driving North on Hwy 11 into town. I have heard there are bass and pike in there. Always wanted to give it a shot myself. Let me know how you do if you do try it.

There are lots of good spots on Nipissing but I would not head out onto the big lake in a canoe.

Try those two lakes beside the highway when driving North on Hwy 11 into town. I have heard there are bass and pike in there. Always wanted to give it a shot myself. Let me know how you do if you do try it.

There are lots of good spots on Nipissing but I would not head out onto the big lake in a canoe.

I've allways looked at those from a fishing point of view, but allways just assumed the only thing it held was a few beavers. Is there a way into that lake, or will I have to drag the canoe from the hwy.

There is also another two lakes not far at all call twin lakes. Coming into North Bay on Hwy 17.