Island Lake Report

evster

My wife and I went over to Island Lake this weekend and as usual it was a fun day of fishing with a good amount of bass. Most of the bass are around the 1.5-2 pound mark but they still make for a fun day. We did get one nice one though.

I started the day off with a decent 2 pounder.

3789905945_9e1bab3937.jpg

Then my wife when on a catching spree.

3789909159_94c6941589.jpg

This catching spree included the biggest of the day which weighed in right on 3.5 pounds. She was happy to finally catch some fish this year let alone a nice one like this.

3790716332_cf59fa1ddf.jpg

She was so happy about catching all these fish she gave this one a smootch.

3789895811_c0b32e4a7e.jpg

I felt left out so I decided to give my next fish a smooch as well.

3790712818_53a3f0e2a1.jpg

And finally I caught another little guy, not as impressive as my wife's day though!

3789893067_86309f003e.jpg

What were you guys using for lures/bait?

All the fish were caught using senkos. Tried a couple of things but this ended up being what they wanted. The interesting thing is that all the fish were caught while a certain group was playing on the ipod...everytime they came on we caught a fish. Thats the secret I won't share :P.

Great fish!!! Nice job. Is there a fee to fish at Island Lake?? Also, can you get that kind of action by fishing off the shore??

Ya there is since its a conservation area. I believe its like $4.50 a person or something like that and then there was also a launch fee. I have never fished from shore and wherever I have caught fish has been off shore a bit, so I can't really help with that. I would say give it a try there is some access, but I think it gets pretty busy on weekends.