Pulled pork is on it's way..... (Obviously NF!!) - might as well do some baby backs as well...

Burtess

There's a place between Fayetteville and Lumberton NC that serves up the best BBQ. You know the kinda place where your arteries harden the minute you walk through the door. They make up to 20 gallons of that sauce a day.

And they wonder why they dont get the same health coverage we do.HAHAHAHA

We tried dome pulled pork at the Barrie ribfest. The sauce was way to sweet.Turned me off.Like a bit of bite.

Looks good none the less.

Edited by misfish

Dude!!!... you mangled them!!!... I prefer mine sliced, but I'm sure those will be delectable nonetheless!!! :P

But I guess that's why it's called "pulled pork".... i.e. "pulled-apart". :D

That way you get a mix of the smoked-and-seasoned rind flavour all through the meat.

But I guess that's why it's called "pulled pork".... i.e. "pulled-apart". :D

That way you get a mix of the smoked-and-seasoned rind flavour all through the meat.

In our BBQ joints down here you have a choice, sliced or chopped (Burt is serving chopped)

If you go with sliced you have 3 more choices... inside, outside, or mixed!... I choose sliced/mixed!!! :P

In our BBQ joints down here you have a choice, sliced or chopped (Burt is serving chopped)

If you go with sliced you have 3 more choices... inside, outside, or mixed!... I choose sliced/mixed!!! :P

That's purty high-falootin' table fare! A menu an' all. :D

Darn good eatin' any way you slice (pull) it.

And they wonder why they dont get the same health coverage we do.HAHAHAHA

We tried dome pulled pork at the Barrie ribfest. The sauce was way to sweet.Turned me off.Like a bit of bite.

Looks good none the less.

Brian, that Carolina vinegar based sauce is perfect, not too sweet, not to sour.

Thats why I serve it plain, with sauces on the side. Then you can choose the tomato based or the vinegar based sauce to go with it. What I have still to try is the mustard based sauces of South Carolina....

Burt :)

hahah Food looks great..... whens the G2G ???????

My pork butt is waiting for me at the butcher as we speak... going in the cooker tomorrow morning to soak up all the juices all day while im at work !

I usually just throw mine in a bath of dianas sauce to cook.... both times Ive done it, it turned out well !!!

again.... I wish I was there to try some of yours.... If you want I can PM my addy and maybe you could mail a sandwich to me ??? haha

Somehow I'm starting to dislike you LOL Looks real yummy Burt :thumbsup_anim:

I guess I'll have to settle for lasagna tonight <_< LOL

Thank for shar........... WAIT..... my lasagna smells pretty good right now and I'm not sharing ;):lol:

Leechman

Just so happens my son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter were visiting tonight so for supper we had perch breaded with bread crumbs and pickerel breaded with Panko, so I don't feel too hard-done-by.

Still, that pork looks scrumptious!

OH man that ALL looked so good! Too bad there was a bit of the green stuff snuck on the plate... ;)

Now, I need to know about the rib's. how long and how hot? anything in the pan below or is that the drippings from the meat?

I just did a salmon and trout on mine tonight and I didn't even see this thread over the past few days, HAHAHA.

OH man that ALL looked so good! Too bad there was a bit of the green stuff snuck on the plate... ;)

Now, I need to know about the rib's. how long and how hot? anything in the pan below or is that the drippings from the meat?

I just did a salmon and trout on mine tonight and I didn't even see this thread over the past few days, HAHAHA.

The wife makes me put the green stuff on there, she says it's good for me :dunno:

For the ribs I rubbed in BRITU recipie rub (I cut the salt content and omit the MSG from the original):

Best Ribs In The Universe Rub - 1/4 Batch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/4 cup sugar

1/8 cup non-iodized table salt

1/8 cup brown sugar, dried

4 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1 teaspoon onion powder

Used a full water pan. Temperature 230-260F.

I generally follow the idea of the "3-2-1" method (you can Google it for more info), but change the times. Six hours in total with the two in the foil will cause the ribs to fall apart, I don't like that.

About 2 hrs on the cooker, foiled for 1 hour (splash of beer in there), then back on unfoiled. Usually for about an hour, when they are almost done ("tear test" or the temp probe glides through between bones) I sauce them and give them another 15 min. for the sauce to set up.

I like 4 parts KC Masterpiece + 1 part honey... but I ran out of KCM so this time I used Bullseye.

How was your salmon? That's something I haven't done yet but must try....

Burt :)