Lots of damage in the kawarthas!

Big Cliff

I hope my boat at Lunge Haven made it through! :unsure:

Cheers,

Peter

Your boat should be OK...I talked with a lady outside the variety store after I left Cliff's and she said other than a few small branches and the hydro out for four hours...no damages at Lunge Haven

Edited by Beans

Cliff would have been happy to see this...just before 10:00am today

Cliffs05aug09001.jpg

By 10:00 am reinforcements arrived

Cliffs05aug09002.jpg

The uprooted tree

Cliffs05aug09010.jpg

Just up the road...somebody's roof or shed on top of the snapped-off pole

Cliffs05aug09009.jpg

I guess if one goes...the others follow suit

Cliffs05aug09012.jpg

I'll let Cliff post the pics of the damages...not pretty

I drove by at 12:30 pm and the hydro crews were hard at it...no place to stop for pics but I did manage to ask one hydro guy about when service would be back up..."sometime this afternoon" he sez

Edited by Beans

Wow.......crazy stuff Beans! How did the marina make out? By the looks of things, that metal might be from thier covered slips! I'm glad my boat isn't there this year!!

S.

Couldn't see much from the road where I took the pictures...this pile of rubble was across the road from the pile on the pole...

Cliffs05aug09008.jpg

Another shot of the pile on the snapped-off pole

Cliffs05aug09007.jpg

You could be right..part of the roof of the marina...

Thanks gang, all is good, hydro came back on just as I pulled in the drive way from work. Talked to my insurance company, they said "No Problem" anything over your deductable, we'll cover. Deductable is $1000.00 so I guess I'm going to be out of pocket for that much but........

Last night a local young lad had come by and said if he could have the wood he he would clean up all but the brush which the city will do. By dark he had two truck loads gone and said he would be back to finish it by tonight. Now I have to get a carpenter in to see about fixing the roof, shouldn't be too big a job. Neighbour on one side of me does fences for a living, neighbour on the other side does siding and eves troughing.

MY boss at work gave me a fantastic deal on a 6500W generator which will be plenty to run my whole house if we ever have another power failure and an Electrican friend said he will hook everything up for the cost of materials (about $300.00) we'll never be caught without power again. My little 1000W portable did a fantastic job but just wasn't big enough to run my water pump and fridges.

When life hands you a bowl full of lemons.....make lemonaid.

I'm in Lindsay as well, and there were alot of trees down, almost every block. Down town had some flooded areas and my mom got stuck down there. There had to be 2 feet of water in some spots, the Trans Am was floating!

I think everybody is pretty much back up now except maybe some remote areas. I work out of fenelon falls hydro and it's been a long last couple of days let me tell ya. Sturgeon lake took most of the damage, Long beach, snug harbour, pleasent point, thurstonia were among the worst. Just a wicked downburst apparently, wind speeds up to 100km/h. Anyways, be nice to those hydro workers out there, most of us are working minimum 16 hour days when these storms hit.