Lots of damage in the kawarthas!

Big Cliff

My place is a mess, a huge tree came down and damaged my garage, fence, and took out a couple of hydro poles. We don't have any power so no running water but we have bottled water for drinking, have filled up the tub for flushing toilets, and have oir little generator to run our computer, TV, and a few Lights. We are OK and that is all that matters!

I pray everyone else made out as well as we have!

If you had a boat at the Mourings Marina, you mught want to check on it, they had a lot of damage.

Glad to hear you are okay.

The Hydro guys were here a couple of weeks ago and took down a lot of dead and weak branches. I guess they did a good job because the lights didn't even flicker around Apsley.

Hey Cliff, I"m off the next two days if you need a hand. I'm pretty handy with a chainsaw, and don't mind a bit of hard work. As long as my son can fish off your dock, we can come up anytime wed or thurs.

Shoot me a pm if you need anything.

S.

Hi Cliff,

I'm back from Hong Kong Wednesday night and would be happy to come up first thing Thursday morning and give you a hand. Even if you're at work I can give Sue a hand as well. I've got two generators I can bring up as well, a 4000 watt and a little 1000 watt that can at least run a fridge.

I hope my boat at Lunge Haven made it through! :unsure:

I'll give you a call Wednesday when I get back.

Cheers,

Peter

Thank you all for the PM's and phone calls with offers to help. I am posting here because I have to leave for work and don't have time to answer them all via PM.

So far we are doing fine, our little generator has kept us in lights and enough power to run the computer and TV, we have lots of bottled water for drinking and a lake full of water for flushing etc..

I haven'tt seen the Hydro crews yet, I can't do much about the tree that is down until they come, it is leaning across the wires and has already broken two poles, I think I'll let them deal with it and I'll just clean up what ever they leave behind.

Hopfully we'll have hydro back on by tonight but if not, I'll be bringing a bigger generator home from work so that I can run my freezers and such.

Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted and hopfully have some pictures by this evening. Oh and Sinker, your sone can come fish off my dock anytime anyway. in the last two weeks the kids have caught a (approx) 14lb muskie, a 4 lb LM and about a 12" crappie (amoung other things).

Hope you and Sue are ok, Cliff. I know that the good folks of the board will never let you down should you need anything.

We got hit last night around 10. It lasted no more than 2 hours but it didn't cause any damage from what I could see this morning. A few branches scattered around the roads is all.

Hope hydro cleans it up quickly for you.

We had something come through last night around seven. Lasted about ten minutes. Wind was strong enough to knock over a 36 foot sail boat right infront of my house. Just out for a race night and out of nowhere they had capsized the boat. Another pontoon with a full canopy was going with the wind. I would guess he was doing about 50 mph, he was just boogying.

Glad to hear you are ok.

we got hammered as well cliff, there was 28 trees down mostly across the roads in thurstonia (and of course hydro wires) no damage to my property other than a loose mail box, but have heard it may be 10 pm tonight before full restoration

Another weird storm - well, mebbe not so weird for THIS summer. I was heading home under sunny skies to start the bbq and watched the rainclouds blow in. It was pouring within 5 minutes. My wife called her gf to cancel their golf game about 30 kliks away. We got a lot of rain in a short time, not much wind and no hail, then the sun was out again in short order and we had a beautiful evening. This morning Wendy called her gf who said she played and Wendy missed a great round, with clear skies, warm breeze and no rain (30 kliks away). KW is only 40 kliks away and they apparentlly had hail. Crazy stuff.

JF