For those who wanted to know about the good deals.

Cudz

I oredered my lures on the 27th of July. They were sent on the 28th and I received them today. NO EXTRA CHARGES and my shipping was $3.50 and that was for 4 lures. My buddy ordered 8 lures and was charged the same.

Great service and great prices. (I have no affiliation with this shop other than the fact that I bought some tackle from it)

http://www.toplakstackle.com/

give it a try. It is hard to get bandit lures here in Canada.

Edited by Cudz

Got my order today - well-packed, timely shipping, $13.50 total (no extra charges).

Boy, those Boo-yah buzzbaits are a lot bigger than I expected them to be! :) Should be fun to try.

Edited by Jocko

I ordered a buzzbait as well with a bandit 200. Still waiting for my package to arrive. Out of curiosity how long did it take for you to receive your order? My order was confirmed on Aug 6. They said international shipping via USPS to canada would take about 7 days......at least thats what they have been hearing from their Canadian customers.

Got my order today - well-packed, timely shipping, $13.50 total (no extra charges).

Boy, those Boo-yah buzzbaits are a lot bigger than I expected them to be! :) Should be fun to try.

Ordered Aug 4, received Aug 12.

The silver triangle just above the "hookup" is, I assume, a noisemaker for when the blade spins? I've never fished these before.

P8130016.jpg

Edited by Jocko

The silver triangle just above the "hookup" is, I assume, a noisemaker for when the blade spins? I've never fished these before.

Your right ! Its a "Clacker" .... it makes quite a sound when your bringing it in !

Those are the ones I have and used for the last 2 1/2 years. I actually have those EXACT ones in my box ! haha

Good product !

Edited by Lunker777

Thnaks for the pic. I have not used them before either. Should be interesting. That means I will prob get my ordr by end of the week then.

Just curious if you had to pay any duty charges at the post office?

Thanks

Depends on how they mark the parcel i.e. "Gift" or "lesser value" . I order alot from the US, some get by, some do not. It only takes a few packages through customs from them before they get flagged if they mark the customs tags like above.

Soon enough there will be a 100% Canadian ecommerce site where "duty" suprises won't be an issue.

Including Bandit baits and other hard to find stuff, run by those in the know..... :D

Edited by Harrison

There's always the chance of being charged extra, I guess. I've ordered dozens of things from the States and overseas, mostly through ebay. Some were marked as a gift, most were not, almost all were marked with the full price paid. Still, I have never had to pay extra charges, not even once.

This is what this package looked like...

toplak.JPG

Edited by Jocko

You've been fortunate depending on the true value of the items you are importing. It's hit and miss. I have shipped and recieved packages into the thousands now and always mark truthfully and ask the ones I import to be aswell. As long as you learn the import amounts allowed and stay with-in them your ok.

I have had customs open a few packages marked sample/other etc.. and assess an estimated value to it. Along with the duty/taxes. They re-seal it with yellow tape along with a letter explaining there actions. I am sure there is a way to appeal, but for the amount of times and money it's happened, I've never looked into it.