Spinner baits

Lunker777

Wow, white seems to be very popular. Is that colour spinner primarily for bass?? I just purchased a chartreuse spinner online, so havent tried it out yet. I am primarily going for bass. Will chartreuse spinner work well for bass or just under specific envirnomental conditions (ie. certain colour water and visibility)?

White is popular, yes. It simulates pretty much the majority of baitfish found in most waterbodies so no doubt it's gonna get smashed.

That being said, there is no spinnerbait color I've ever purchased that didn't catch fish. Chartreuse has it's days.

White is popular, yes. It simulates pretty much the majority of baitfish found in most waterbodies so no doubt it's gonna get smashed.

That being said, there is no spinnerbait color I've ever purchased that didn't catch fish. Chartreuse has it's days.

Im going on to my 4th Chartreuse with double willow leaf Booyah in 2 weeks !! I cant seem to NOT catch anything on that bait haha Well execept last night :angry: only a couple !

But in my neck of the woods.... White and Chartreuse are the go to colors ! I have about 7 or 8 different variations that include chartreuse in the skirt..... Works GREAT !

Good to know. I have all this good tackle and not a good place to fish...its so sad. I live in the brampton, mississauga area and dont have any decent spots...the only areas are conservation areas in the caledon and orangeville area, but they have daily fees...i dont find paying $5 now and again but I'd like to fish 3-4 week so that adds up....I dont have a boat, so I will primarily be doing shore fishing...looks like I will have to drive a bit north, or pay the fees to get a godd days fishing :( You guys with prime fishing spots in your backyards have it so good!!!!!!!

Yea, I think the location has a lot to do with it too for some reason. Maybe to do with PH levels, clarity, who knows. I know when I fish Cameron for bass it's pretty hard to beat a chartreuse/white skirt. Plain chartreuse, plain white catch fish.. but chart/white will outfish them like 5 - 1 most days. Use chartreuse/white down here and you'll get a couple fish.. but plain white is definitely tops. For bass anyway.

Pike fishing's a whole different game.

Yea, I think the location has a lot to do with it too for some reason. Maybe to do with PH levels, clarity, who knows. I know when I fish Cameron for bass it's pretty hard to beat a chartreuse/white skirt. Plain chartreuse, plain white catch fish.. but chart/white will outfish them like 5 - 1 most days. Use chartreuse/white down here and you'll get a couple fish.. but plain white is definitely tops. For bass anyway.

Pike fishing's a whole different game.

Yea I agree..... I fished with a buddy the other night and I threw on the plain chart. and he had plain white and I boated probably 2-1 or 3-1 ...... all bass..... then the other day I threw on a fire tiger and had pike following me the whole time.... no bass.... so I think the pike bite here is on perch ! ahhah theres lots of perch in our bay so maybe thats what the pike like !