Spinner baits

Lunker777

I have been fishing with spinner baits ALOT this year..... I ALWAYS used Booyahs but I decided to try the terminator "titanium" ones to help with keeping the bait true..... I find the Booyah baits to bend very easily !

Well when I attempted to order the terminators... I accidentely orders Strike king spinners. I have NO IDEA how I mixed the two of them up ! IDIOT !! :wallbash: They add stinger hooks to them and the profile of the head of the bait is weird and seems to get caught up alot more than the Booyahs.

Needless to say the strike kings have been demoted to use when guests are on the boat ! That way if they lose one to a pike, Im not worried ! haha

I wish Booyah would come out with a titanium frame spinner bait... that would be sweet !

What type of spinners do you like to use ? and why ?

I alternate between Boo-Ya and Terminator spinnerbaits. Boo-Yas are nice but hard to find larger ones. Not to mention a couple of pike and they're toast. However they do have very well plated blades and detailed skirts.. they catch a lot of fish. If I know I'm in a place (ie Long Point Bay) where I'm gonna be nailing a bunch of 12 inch bass all day, I'll opt for the Terminator because I know it won't fall apart.

I use the Boo Ya, Strike King and Terminators. I use the Terminators where there are a lot of pike that like to kill regular wire spinner baits. Boo Ya and Strike king, I use these mainly for bass because I can bend the wire to create actions.

I don't buy them off the rack anymore. For the best quality large muskie spinnerbaits, I think TEP (Jef) makes the best quality there is. For bass, pike and muskie, Bill Cameron (Osprey baits) is hard to beat. Lately, I've been ordering a few baits from Joey right here on the board. Whatever size or colour combo....she makes.

go with northam.

i dont know why anyone would use anything else.

if the bait fails. wich never happened.

but if it does. contact frank and he will personnaly s.end you a new spinner bait EXPRESS!

try doing that with strike king or booyah.

you will cry to your mother after 2 month worth of waitting.

Edited by fishing 24/7

I've been trying the new KVD spinnerbaits as of late and have been pleasantly surprised. They are a bit pricey but they have thicker gauge wire, nice skirts with 'tails' (and a trailer hook) and have brought me a nice smallie that was pushing 7lbs a few weeks ago. Also got me 4 muskies on Sunday(3 landed) and a bunch of bass all on the same one. This bait still fishes like it is right out of the package (minus the eyes that came off after the second 'ski).

I use Booyahs quite a bit, Stanleys occasionally, no-names a little and Terminators the very odd time, I find that the blades on the Terminators foul a lot.

Strike King Premier Pro Models in 3/8 and 3/4 oz are my go-to spinnerbaits. I play around with a lot of different brands though. Nichols are great, and I've done pretty well with BPS Lazer Eye Pro's recently (although I hate the quick change clevis). I've been playing with Revenge (nice compact ultra-heavies), Punisher, and War Eagle as well this year.

I don't like the trailer hooks on the Strike King Plus series, but only because I think they're too small. You need to be fishing spinnerbaits with trailers, IMO. They account for probably 1/3 of my spinnerbait bass, and don't substantially increase my fouling. I generally like BPS 2/0 XPS trailers for performance and value, although with some baits, I find I need a long shank hook for the blade to work properly.

I just go up the road to tromblys tackle and get the ones they have 3 for 10 bucks. Havent had one break yet. After a whack of fish the lead heads start to get loose but i just crimp em back with pliers .

I use the same ones. Black Fly Lures is the company. Very decent and great colour combos. We run into each other a couple times a year doing the small shows.

I am not really fussed. I have caught fish on $0.99 spinnerbaits and they are almost as effective as $5 spinnerbait. I laughed at a buddy of mine who just bought 2 spinnerbaits at $15 a pop. They were Lucky craft spinnerbaits and he threw them a lot and didn't catch a thing.

I like 3 colours

WHite

Black

Firetiger

In that order

Edited by Cudz

booyah's are my favorite, but like everyone has said the wire gauge is way too thin. but makes sense from a business perspective, just means you gotta buy more!

favorite colour: white (no contest)

never tried one with a trailer hook, but definitely am gonna give'er a try. might've stuck a few short strikers if i had one on.