My top water bass results so far

splashhopper

nothing like the post by "24/7" today.... AWESOME post btw

As some of you know, I have just started top-water fishing about 4 weeks ago... what a "blast"..

Here are some of the results over the last 5-6 days .

PBlargemouth2.jpg

a "head shot"... amazing how much weeds I can see between its mouth and the gill plate

PBLargemouth3.jpg

Fishing the lily pads... first cast about 10 feet from shore... WHAMMO! on my newest colour of :scum frog"!

lakesideLargie.jpg

Check out the size of his bucket >

mrbigmouth12.jpg

Went out tonight on my "practice pond" and had a very pleasant surprise. The guy who owns the house that I park in front of brought his canoe down tonight and asked if I wanted to join him :rolleyes:

Turns out he has watched me fish this top water stuff for a few days from his yard and was "impressed"... yeah, I told him.. I have some "great coaches" from this site :worthy:

He toured me around the edges where I fish from shore to give me another "point of view"...

Interesting that I was fishing the same spots as he was showing me, but I was targeting the water further off shore than I needed too :mellow:

my first cast in "to" the spot I always take my first cast of the day "from",,,, and surprise... Kapow!

IMG000382.jpg

This one I caught after I pulled the frog down from a tree ON the bank... it barely hit the water and BAM !

IMG000372.jpg

I gave him my favourite colour of "Scum frog" for his "guide service".

I have been trying to set up a trade for my services for a tinny or a canoe with an Electric motor....

tonight just makes me that more focused on that little project...lol ;)

Splashhopper

gotta love those frogs!!

they are my go to bait.I use a spro bronzeye most often. although they are on the expensive side they do work really well. i lost my favorite one to a pike on my last outing. so i only had the black frog left that was brand new so i worked it in a bit and fished using it the whole time. i had 12 or so LM blow up on it. i was fishing really thick heavy weeds. i didnt land 1. haha i either lost them in the weeds,or i didnt get the hooks set in good enough. i usually land 8 times out of 10. but i had fun and it appeared that i was the only one getting any action.

keep the pics coming!