NF Boat help *please help* dont know what to do

bigredfisher

hey i was at the cottage this weekend and i had my boat sink on me. We did get it out dried the spark plugs (took them out and cranked the engine) and we also removed the distrubuter cap(i think thats what is called where all the spark plug wires are ) and draind all the water from that. I then put everything back togeather to see if she would run again and she did and quite nicely. I took it out today for a run and it kept on kicking and bogging. i had to leave early. what would that be. and how can i fix that and the leak right where the plug is (silicone?) thanks

bigredfisher

would putting too much oil in cause it to knock.

Edited by bigredfisher

How bad is the leak? It sounds like it sank pretty fast. Is there a big slash in it? Silicon's not going to fix that, but I'm sure you would have figured that out on your own.

Why is it leaking at the plug? I'm confused. Is it just bad rivets? Have you identified which ones? How many?

Not sure how long you had it running for ... you really want to be sure you got all the water out of the head before running it .. water doesnt compress so it can do damage to the head ... pull the plugs .. stand it upside down in the sun for an hour ... I would try not to let it sit too long (I assume it is still on the boat ... until you have it going ... if it rusts inside it will sieze ... and things will rust very quickly if its still got water in it ... if the gas tank breather was open it may have taken in a little water too ... that could explain the bogging

Anyhow best bet would be to get some fogging oil into the head as son as possible while you let it dry out properly... also may have to check the 'pee hole' to make sure you are still pumping water ... sometimes lakebottom goo will get in the lines and clog it up ... very important to clear that before running it for any period of time.