Port Credit - Aug 3

icefisherman

Went with my son today to take advantage of the nice weather. A bit of last minute decision (as most of my fishing decisions are;-))

Started at 5:30 still dark...at 100 fow...there were gazilions of boats everywhere. Everyone in search of the big one....or of any fish

Lost the first one while trying to wake up my son to help me (he felt asleep shortly after lines went down and slept for 3 hours )

Learned my lesson and did better on the next 2 while he was still sleeping.

The bigger one was 21 Lbs....couple more King teenagers...and Bows....and ended up the half a day with 5/8

Not bad after been away from the big water for a while (this basement work never ends ).

Nice chatting with Grouper Trooper on the radio...was going to try the Blue Zone but manage to find them closer so I stayed,....

Fished 100 to 150 fow, had a fly on but all fish came on spoons, anything with black and silver on it as you can see from the pictures.

50-60 feet down. By 11am wind picked up so we left.

Here are few Blackberry shots from the day.

Here is the big one taking half the width of my boat:

IMG00102.jpg

My son struggling with the weight of these ones (the sleep didn't help )

IMG00105.jpg

IMG00106.jpg

IMG00107.jpg

And this cool guy with couple riggers on his inflatable (first time I see one of those)

IMG00104.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality shot…BB is not the best under those conditions.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Good job Emil!

Your basement renovation might be done before my boat renovation!

Well Brian, you know which boat is ALWAYS ready to take you fishing right? :rolleyes:

As for the basement - starting the last stage - flooring on Thursday.

Way ahead of schedule :D

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Well Brian, you know which boat is ALWAYS ready to take you fishing right? :rolleyes:

As for the basement - starting the last stage - flooring on Thursday.

Thanks Emil, I should have went with you today!! ;)

I would have been way ahead of shecule with my boat floor if I didn't decide to replace the floatation foam. You probably won't need to in your basement.

You should re-think the laminate flooring, my aluminium floor is looking pretty good! I'm doing the tricky bow cuts now; I have to get it right the first time.

-Brian