Dollarama/Dollar Store Derby

TJQ

• 2 years later...

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. How did you find it?

It's nice to see some names that were regulars here but have disappeared. I don't know of Dollarama still sells that crappola tackle. It's just as effective as my 17 buck Live Target crappolla. I have gotten some great deals at the Sally Ann in Dunnville on tackle. Nothing lately.

Maybe a tourney for tackle that are antique now. Daredevils, Original 5 of Diamonds. Rappala's that say $2.99 from Towers, I would never want to lose that baby as I took it out of Len Malloni's tackle box years ago and it was old then. Sadly he passed last year. I miss him big time.

OMG this is a great Idea for a boys weekend a 4 hour tourney I just happen to have one comming up June 24 25 26 on Nosbonsing I'm gonna pitch this Idea to a few tonight :D

We used to do a pike tourney up at the camp where each guy got a boat, a spinning reel spooled with 50 yds of 6 lb mono, 2 wire leaders, and 2 lures of their choice. Most lbs of pike caught before you lost your gear won. There were some monster pike there and you kind of had to avoid them. It was fun trying to drive the boat and fight a fish who was about to spool you but you'd be surprised how many decent fish were landed.