Surf and Turf and Dollarama Fishing!!

TJQ

Left the kids at home and headed up to Jiggy for some R&R and a alone time weekend with Monique!! We saved so much money buying Carling and our tackle at Dollarama we splurged on some great food!!

First off our Dollarama Derby Pictures. I caught two bass and Monique caught a small pike. I made a leader out of the wire we bought, but without a swivel, my line got pretty twisted which lead to an early end to the fishing. Ill have to find real leaders at a Dollarama somewhere.

Our Tackle Plate

IMG_1197.jpg

First off here's my shining moments on FILM!!!

and the epic smallie battle!

Here's the pictures for the derby... We got three on and landed all three!!

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Then of course Monique had to out do me and catch this monster!!! (Shes such a meanie!!)

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

So.. my entries... a total of 25 1/2 inches amd Moniques whopper - 10 1/2 inches. All fish live released!!!

That night we went out pickeral fishing in front of the camp, caught two small ones for breakfast the next day and I snapped this shot. I hope my wife doesn't find out about me new girlfriend!!

IMG_1223.jpg

We also managed to drag the boat UP the rapids north of camp, Monique had never been there... We went till we saw another boat.. then returned home.

IMG_1192.jpg

Here's some other pictures from the weekend.. I love going up just the two of us, when we can take our time and prepare an awesome dinner.

Night #1 - Crab Legs, Garlic Butter Fried Scallops, Jumbo Shrimp and Cheese and Spinach filled Ravioli in a Tomato Cheese sauce.

IMG_1174.jpg

Night Two was prime rib, stuffed portobella mushrooms (PS.. note to self.. dont wait till 10:30 to eat... uhhg...)

IMG_1246.jpg

and then wings on night three.. lol.. i was in too much of a hurry to take pictures...

We did wake up to a VERY large bees nest under the eave of the camp, here's me about to do battle....

IMG_1177.jpg

As always a great trip, not a lot of wild life this time, most of the ducks have gone early it seems. We did do a bunch of small jobs around camp. till next time!!

what a weekend..............that's a beauty looking rod, nice handle incredible feast you and monique had well done

LOL.. AND the handles are on the WRONG side for me and theres no way to change them.

excellent report and story... How far north is "the cabin" ?

Up by Matachewan, 500K as the crow flies from Toronto!

Well done you 2. See here folks. It's not that you were a bad angler, TJ, you just did not have the right gear. Now nobody has an excuse to pick on ya no more. :P WTG

Thanks... Maybe I should be in the next adopt and angler contest, Im soooo hard done by!!

Did ya get any movies of you doin battle with the bees by chnace?????? :)

LOL.. no.. wifeys alergic to them and wouldn't come out of the tent!!

Attaboy TJ :thumbsup_anim:

You've just proven that a $3 rod and reel combo can catch some decent fish!!! Well done you guys :clapping:

Looks like a fun time was had in shooting the vids B)

Thanks for sharing and again great job you 2!!!

Leechman

CUDZ Just mentioned that the Tourney is all august long!! lots of time for everyone to get in.. lol.. Id like to see some fish caught like this that make it to the main tourney!!

dam. :P ............Would have been a Classic.. :D ..Shoulda fitted her with the gear and sent you in with the the stick.... :lol:;)

LMAO--the STICK?......... or the Broom Handle?

no Goat and Dwarf i assume involved in their success!

2 Bass and a Pike?

3 for three?

nice scoff--day 1 two and three!

we got to get our game face on GBF!

and soon!

PM me... maybe--we can do the Barrie GIG-if the window is all of August

Cheers

Paul