North shore of lake superior

scuro2

Will be doing a week long road trip with my 74 year old mom at the end of August. We do a week's vacation every year and I usually have a few hours in the morning for myself and a little time for myself after dinner. Anyone recommend picturesque spots on the north shore?

Will be doing a week long road trip with my 74 year old mom at the end of August. We do a week's vacation every year and I usually have a few hours in the morning for myself and a little time for myself after dinner. Anyone recommend picturesque spots on the north shore?

Picturesque spots on the north shore of Lake Superior?

lemme see

pretty much every inch of the way from the Sault to Thunder Bay

keep your camera ready and stop at the scenic outlooks along the way

Thanks for the tip about Rossport. I've seen some of the landscape a bit east of Nipigon. Stunning but that's about all I saw since I came down from Cochrane. You could fish right from shore and catch fish. That was early July. So late August...a purdy spot for mom, and a few places I can DIY fish would be grand...Preferably near lodging. :thumbsup_anim: This place near Wawa looks promising. http://www.rockislandlodge.ca/

Edited by scuro2

on a drive out west wed stop at govt rest stops on the side of the highway - cant remember where but they are some of the bestpics from the trip. guys were casting from shore on gravel shore areas and you could see fish following the lures from 100 feet away!

good tripping

Sault to Wawa....harmony, alona bay/montreal river, Agawa - pictographs there, sand river, and then old woman bay. Those would be the most scenic in between there.

Nothing between Wawa and White River except Moose and bears

Same between White River and Marathon, but the ride from Marathon to Schreiber can be amazing, lots of hills that give you lookouts that are incredible.