I'm still fishing!

tbayboy

Hey everyone. What a crazy fishing season eh? Seems like we're still waiting for summer to start yet here we are in August. Anyhow, in addition to the lousy weather I've had some crazy issues to deal with that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy but gladly they all resolved themselves with a great outcome so now I'm back in business. And since this was the last time my new yak saw the outside:

3153747445_e2204780e6.jpg

I figured it was time to get the thing off the wall. After locking everything down I drove up to scugog and set off to test out the new boat. The little guy handles really well and was a pleasure to fish out of. 6 hours of fishing and no sore back to speak of though my arms are bit numb today (not to speak of the first sunburn of the weekend - oops!). Fishing was almost secondary but I managed to land 6 little largies mostly on a spinner bait outide of grass lines and frogs in the pads. I gotta say it sure is nice being able to slide WAY back into the slop and find pads that no one else has fished. Had lots of nice blow ups but being the first day out I was way out of practice on being patient with the hook sets - good things for glasses as those frogs sure can fly back fast :). Had one big guy on a red slopmaster but she did an impressive tail dance a few feet from the boat and threw the hook - was so pissed that I tossed it right back as hard as I could and of course - TWAK - SPLOOSH: backlash plus snapped line = Sean shopping for a new slopmaster (I'm sure Bitmaster2k is laughing now - don't worry I'll get another!)

Anyhow, was nice to get out, hopefully the weather lets me get out a few more times. Between the yak and the Thunder Bay annual trip in a couple weeks I'm optimistic about August and September.

Being lazy and sore this morning here's a slide show rather than a bunch of individual pictures :). Oh the 1.3k was the drift speed in the wind - wish I'd brought some walleye spinners was a perfect little walleye chop and drift.

Good to see you back at it. Where're all the reports with mikeh?

It sounds like both you and jedi love that boat ... that might be something I'd be interesting in buying in the near future ... allows me to go out solo on the water if I buy a small car.

Nice largie!