putting away your lures?

Pete1986

So here's my question: when your changing up baits, do you put it straight back into the plano box?

Let it hang off the side of the box until its dry? Sharpen the hooks then put away? Spit shine? I have

seen people putting a thin layer or cork in the bottom of their planos to soak up some moisture. How

do you take care of all the lures in your box?

This question came to my mind after switching a big bucktail to another bucktail and thinking 'if I keep this

up I will no longer have to wash my lures in the lake anymore, I can just leave them in the box.'

Pete

No weed on it, put it back into the box. I squeeze out the water from the bucktails first. Leaving lures out on the boat makes me lose them, or get them caught in my pants or the net. Treble hooks are also very painful and I don't want any nasty surprises while I excitedly fight a fish. :lol:

Edited by Syn

I basically toss them in a pile on the deck, and they air dry for a day or two until I start to organize for my next trip. I'm not trying to dry them so much as just saving time on the water, but it's a nice side-effect. I use enough rods equipped with different lure types that I don't usually end up with a very big pile anyway; I just pick up a different rod.

Edited by Burning Babies

I would recommend NOT using cork in the bottom of a tray. It would just absorb water that would then have to dry.

I "air-out" my tackle trays when I get home. If it was a rainy day I"ll put the fan on them as well.

Edited by kickingfrog