TV that isn't terrible

Fishnwire

So I'm on strike and promised my wife I wouldn't spend everyday at camp. I'm bored out of my mind and looking for something cheap (free) to do with my time right here at home. I've been downloading TV shows that I've never seen before, sometimes a whole season at a time. Some of them pretty good and I've been wondering what else I'm missing. I'm talking about non-network shows like MadMen, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Deadwood, True Blood, Nurse Jackie, Weeds...if you never heard of those shows you're missing out on some of the best TV ever made. Every episode is like a little movie...like how the Sopranos when it was on...really well made and total engrossing.

Anyway, can anyone recommend any shows that might not be on my radar? I'll watch anything good, comedy, drammas, action, whatever...as long as it's well made. No British shows please...I can't understand what they're saying.

Thanks, folks.

Edited by Fishnwire

I watched Heros from the beginning...I lost interest in it in the second season. All that time traveling/alternate universe stuff just threw me.

Speaking of "lost"...Lost completely sucks me in. Good show. Angelina Lily is smokin'!

Rescue Me, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Departures are the ones I've been beaten to.

If you can look up "Generation Kill". Awesome stuff. It was an HBO Mini-Series but I had only heard about it because I had read the book (I don't get HBO ;) )

If you like Jesse James (Monster Garage, etc.) he had a series or at least a couple specials that I don't think aired in Canada - don't remember what it/they were called.