Life is good! Trout fishing wasn't bad either

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had a great day yesterday, had to share....lol...such a proud dad here.

Was baby Jacks first swimming lesson yesterday, he was too cute (imho) in his little swimsuit

CHECK OUT DA MOVES!

Jack was by far the youngest in the pool, most of the babies were at least a year old, lots of them were wailing as they went in....water was pretty cold, but jack took it all in his stride....he was a bit unsure at first but was loving it by the end.

WHAT THE HELL ARE MUM AND DAD DOING TO ME NOW!

IMG_4199.jpg

Well the weather sucks here this summer, but I’d planned to take a young lad who I mentor out for some trout, so we had some lunch and took off to Thunder Lake.

I decided not to take the downriggers as I’d been doing really well using a Jiggin' Rap with a piece of minnow. The lad had never jigged for trout and was pretty hyped ( LOL....he's a very subdued character....so you probably cant tell from the pics.....but he was hyped....lol).

I trolled around the 60-70 FOW just near to a shallow ridge until I marked baitfish, then anchored up. Gotta get one of those electric anchor winches...lol...pulling up a 28lb anchor from 70FOW is a chore....lol.

FOUND THE BAITFISH...TROUT SHOULD BE NEARBY

IMG_4295.jpg

Wesley was a bit disappointed that I did not have another Jiggin' Rap for him to use and looked a bit dejected when I offered him a plain jig, don’t think he thought I was playing' fair. But before I had tied my rig he was into the first fish. What followed was 20 minutes of fast and furious Laker action. Lots of hits and misses. The kid was loving that he could watch his and my jig on the screen and see the trout chasing his jig up and down.

LIMITED OUT IN 20 MINUTES

YOU SHOULD SEE HIS FACE WHEN HE'S NOT HAPPY....LOL

IMG_4293.jpg

The God's were smiling on us that day, because we got out in a break in the lightning storms, and no sooner than our 4th keeper was in the wind whipped up the whitecaps and thunder flashes all around...so it was a short but sweet fishing trip.

The bonus to the short trip was I got back before babies bedtime and had the chance to be goofy with him before bed.

HIS GIGGLE JUST KILLS ME!

Great day with baby...always is, and some pretty good trout fishing thrown in....like I said.....LIFE IS GOOD!

Great report, pics and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Little jack is growing fast and always great to spend some quality time with him B) and his giggles is a killer :D

Got to love the fast and furious action of them lakers before the storm!!!! Congratulations to both of you on some beauty beast :clapping:

Thanks for taking the time to post this awesome report!

Again great work guys!!

Jacques