On The Cleaning Board!

Got out yesterday for 2 hrs between "Frog Stranglers" (thunderstorms)

It looked like all the T-storms had drifted off to the east by 1:00 pm yesterday, so I loaded up the boat and hit the lake and was on the water by 2:00!

Got to my "secret spot" and it was unbearably hot and humid, but the fish were ON!!!

Got a couple nice little chunky Spotted Bass

There were a bunch of smaller "spots" caught and a nice 3 lb Largie spit the hook at boatside before I could get the net under him :wallbash:

I also caught a nice feed of small Striped Bass (I'll get back to those in a minute)

Alabama Power started playing "hop scotch" with the turbines and it scattered the fish so I put the boat back on the trailer at 4:00 pm.

On the way back home I could see very dark clouds in the south and the kept getting bigger and closer :angry:

Got the boat in the driveway and unloaded, and as soon as I touched the tarp to cover the boat the bottom fell out of the rain with 30mph wind gusts.

It's pure hell tring to cover a boat with a 12x24 tarp in a thunder storm!!!... but I got it done and got drenched in the process. After I got the boat covered I was in no mood to clean fish, so I dumped more ice and rock salt on them and left them til this morning.

On the Cleaning Board

I ended up with 11 nice little Striped Bass

There's no sissy :asshat: electric fillet knives around here!!!

That's a 10" blade on that Gerber fillet knife!... I can fillet anything from a 40 lb Grouper to a Fathead minnow with it! ;)

My blade never enters the organ cavity, but instead glides above the rib cage!

I'm not that fond of smearing my fillets with fish feces and bladder bile! :angry:

Dr. Dawg's fish weight loss program!

Ol' Yellers cookin'!!! :P

All fish were caught on 1/4 oz Vibric Roostertails.

The Largie that spit the hook hit the Black and Orange Tiger... but white was the best producer for the day followes by chartreuse.

As soon as this dries up a little I'll get back to work. :rolleyes:

Edited by GCD

You, you, you.................................KILLED THEM!!!!!!! YOU MURDERER!!!!!

Yeah I did! :P ... I have a creel limit of 30 for that size, but I just kept 11... when they're over 16" long the limit reduces drastically to just 2.

JeffBornFishin Posted Today, 06:24 PM

Now is that there all the red mud yalls talkin' 'bout down thar? all the time?

What a mess, sorry to see it.

That thar is the red mud Jeff!!!

I ain't squawkin' too much about it, we really need the rain because everything was tinderbox dry... and it give me a little time to go fishin'!!! :Gonefishing:;)

backbay Posted Today, 06:46 PM

Those looks REAL good fried up, GCD, what seasoning do you use?

Fillets are rinsed in cold water and patted dry, dipped in beaten egg and rolled in Progresso Italian Flavor bread crumbs, then fried golden brown in very hot peanut oil.... served with seafood cocktail sauce on the side!!! :P

Fillets are rinsed in cold water and patted dry, dipped in beaten egg and rolled in Progresso Italian Flavor bread crumbs, then fried golden brown in very hot peanut oil.... served with seafood cocktail sauce on the side!!! :P

Thanks for sharing, GCD, I'll give it a whirlnext weekend :)

Great report and pics Glen :thumbsup_anim:

I love the weight loss program you gave those stripes and interesting way of filleting them B):thumbsup_anim:

I'm assuming that those filets are boneless and like the idea of doing it once and that's it B)

DSC01826.jpg

Looks like it was a good couple hours spent on softwater!!! your smile says it all!!!

DSC01821.jpg

Thanks again for this great report and sharing it with us.... keep up the good work!!!

Jacques

Nice report Glen...now that's how ya clean fish :worthy:

I see that ya still got that red dirt showing with a bit of weeds :w00t: .......do ya want me to send ya's down some goood ole hardy CANADIAN grass seed????........ :whistling:;)

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

I'm still cutting (high spots) and filling (low spots) Steve, house builders know diddly squat about civil engineering (drainage).

Your poor little Canadian grass seeds would fry and die down here Bubba! ;) I'll be planting heat and drought resistant Bermuda and Fescue when I get everything shaped up like I like it.

Rich Clemens Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Quite the feast on your dam fish.

No fihes were caught at a dam!!! All those pics are photoshopped!!!

The last thing I need is to pull up to my secret spot and find 100 OFNers and a 1000 lurkers stealing MY fish!!! :angry:

Leechman Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Great report and pics Glen

I love the weight loss program you gave those stripes and interesting way of filleting them

I'm assuming that those filets are boneless and like the idea of doing it once and that's it

Yep! 100% boneless and skinless sweet little fillets!!! :P The bones are left on the carcass where they belong!!!

limeyangler Posted Yesterday, 08:20 AM

Great report Glen, nice haul of 'schoolie' bass as they call them in limeyland.

Yeah, I was looking for the "Headmaster" of that school, but never found him. :rolleyes:

I'll get him one of these days!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: