Kawartha lakes musky report

mistaredone

I was hoping to head down to LSC to chase some muskys but due to the weather and my little 15 1/2 foot bass boat its seemed better to wait for another day and head up to the Kawarthas. Me and my good buddy white007 hit the water around 7pm and although it was nice on the water there were thunderstorms all around us. After working a rock reef we decided to use the drift to work a good looking shore line. For some reason my buddy didnt go for his go-to black and orange bucktail so I snapped it up. Five minuets later I see a flash of gill plate and the bucktail stopped moving, the fish goes nuts!!!! Im using a 7' shimano MH with a C3 that I thought was locked down and im getting line peeled like crazy, getting pulled all over, under and aroung the boat. Two minuets later of the best fight of my life and she's in the net and the bucktail flys out.

Kawartha_musky_1.jpg

I made a brief attempt at a measurment but she wanted nothing to do with it. My guess is mid 40's. Quick pic and she's back in the water for the super pumped release pic.

Kawartha_musky_1_release.jpg

Edited by mistaredone

Next day after a good night of celebrations we hit the water again around noon. It was hot sunny and flat so we worked some deeper, bigger rock reefs that had some weeds on and around it. This time I was using my go-to vibrex and the fish hit in about 10 fow on a medium retrive. Another good fight and once again the bucktail comes flying out as its entering the net.

Kawartha_musky_2.jpg

SWEET FISH DUDE!!! Easily a mid 40 fish. Congrats on a great catch. Bet your buddy was a bit po'd that he didn't grab the rod before you did. :D

Love the pics! :thumbsup_anim:

My buddy was just as excited as I was, he put on a simular bucktail and ended up missing a 40+ fish about 50 feet down the shore line. Hoping to get out again next week.