problems with getting on OFN

Terry

It is a DNS issue, I thought it was server but when it happened to me I did a traceroute and found a problem with ( I think) a Rogers routing station. You can generally tell by how fast the error comes up..the faster it is the more likely it is local. Server errors usually give time-out errors.

It started after a bad storm, so I am guessing there is a damaged piece of equipment along the way somewhere. When you look at how many places the signal goes through to get to your house, it is kind of amazing it doesn't happen more often. If it persists beyond Monday, we'll do a more thorough traceout and see if we are getting any latency and call and complain to someone...but honestly these types of things are really our of our hands and those of our hosting company. At the mercy of those along the way.

Nonametttt.jpg

Lately I have had troubles connecting to this website

all other sites , no problem

anyone else

Yup, same with me, I could read the main page, the subforum, but not the general discussion area, it would try to get there but time out almost immediately. It usually only lasted about maybe 2 hrs. at best, then I could read all posts no problem. It seemed to happen to me between the hours of 4:30-6:30 pm after I got of work, then everything worked just fine. First thing in the morning, no issue. I don't read this site or log into it from my workplace between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, I am never sitting there at my pc for any extended length of time because I am so often off doing installs and repairs in rooms at our local university, unless I am on lunch break, then I read local and national news sites instead.

I probably got more stuff done at home when I could not read the board, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: