moon river update

tightline

I'm pretty sure they would have taken one look at the soaked shoes wet shorts and water all over my shirt...not too mention the word of 2 guys who have been fishing for 25 years without ever a fine and gave us the benefit of the doubt...was a lucky catch and a great 10 mins...the fish is still in there for the next guy all I took was the pics

your story sounds believable and I can see someone doing that

but I have to say I think if the MNR saw you on shore with a muskie and your boat, they would charge you no matter what you said......

it is something to think about

Wow, pretty harsh stuff. Nice catch, and even better from the Moon to boot- took me three years of off and on camping on Blackstone to get 2 in the boat one trip. Both fish were sub legals- 39" and 48"- I damn well took the time for photo's and a healthy release and would do so again. Would love the chance of playing, and releasing a sweet fish from shore like you did. Good going!

If the CO would've shown up and saw a guy end up on a shoal and get out, fight the musky, take a few pics and then return the 'ski in good condition, he would have absolutely nothing but "Good job" to say.

Congrats on the PB tightline. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Guest gbfisher

elitists..... :lol: Im not part of any group...there's to many other fish to fry to get stuck on just one.

I'd say some people have to learn how to fish and do it right.

There's way more to the Bull story than buddy is willing to admit.

.but hey...Thats just my thought........... :lol:

Hey GCD.. :D ...I hope that MOAB didnt hurt to much and that you made it to the outhouse to let er rip!

I still wonder

as they say a picture say a thousand words

to me it looks like the rod and net is on the far side of the boat and the rods are set nicely away

not on the shore side

if you ran up on a shoal and stepped out in shallow water how did the prop survive being down

everyone I know puts the motor up as soon as they get close to shoals and seeing it was shallow enough to step out and fight a fsh the motor should be up and the boat is along the shore not nosed into a shoal...

but that is just what the picture suggest, the truth..well who knows....

the guys complaining were just going by what they saw......right or wrong they were trying to protect the fish they love

Guest gbfisher

Your not saying that there wasn't enough room in the boat to take a picture...so they went to shore for one.

...WOW...What a revelation..... :lol:

If you have ever been to woods bay or blackstone harbour you would know that trolling the shoreline can be pretty dangerous...I hooked the fish trolling about 30 feet behind the boat...I yelled at my buddy to throw it in neutral before you know it the motor was bouncing the fish was fighting he was panicking...I fought the fish for about a minute longer we were banging on the rocks so he took my pole I stepped out of the boat gave me the pole he got out we landed the fish I took pics enough is enough....why are you so adament about this is your world really this small????????

Guest gbfisher

lol ....................the insults won't help with how it went. I guess reading won't help either. :rolleyes: The storys keep flowing.

I also think that maybe...jusy maybe...you might learn how to do it right the next time instead of dragging fish around so you can get a good picture. Just so you can get yer ego stroked on a fishing site.

I know the Bay very well. Ive only fished it for 35 years. and ...I wasnt born yeterday..... :lol:

The story has never changed just wasn't aware you needed a play by play...pretty sure your the only one looking to get your ego stroked or you wouldn't be monitoring this post so close...if this is such a concern to you the number is 1-888-MNR-TIPS and I would gladly tell them the story and have it confirmed by people who were actually there...if you've benn fishing there for 35 years you would know what I said about the shoreline is true and I was actually warned by people on this site of the dangers...we hit rocks 4 times that weekend trolling....anyway have a great day I'm off to snag another one drag it around the lake till it floats gut it then throw it back in just for the hell of it!!!!

Guest gbfisher

Its funny how you seem to miss my point.

I wouldnt expect that you would fish any other way. Enjoy your day out on the water.

Just a tip for ya. :) If you are not nudging rocks on the bay. You arent fishing!....lol.... and I've said that before many times. :)