moon river update

tightline

Guest gbfisher
No it was actually caught trolling off a point going from 4 feet to 10 and the end....My PB thanks for posting it here still can't figure it out?

It's not a good thing to retain a fish that has a minimum length of 54".

Nice to see ya got a PB and a picture is ok.......but at least learn the fishing regulations regarding each species.

It's not a good thing to retain a fish that has a minimum length of 54".

Nice to see ya got a PB and a picture is ok.......but at least learn the fishing regulations regarding each species.

what does that mean??? retain a fish??? I released this fish after the pics were taken....would never keep a musky...what gave you the idea I kept it

No it was actually caught trolling off a point going from 4 feet to 10 and the end....My PB thanks for posting it here still can't figure it out?

what does that mean??? retain a fish??? I released this fish after the pics were taken....would never keep a musky...what gave you the idea I kept it

since, after catching that fish trolling, you proceeded to go to shore for the photo opp you were breaking the law by being in possession (retaining) of a sub 54" muskie. keep the camera on the boat!

Edited by Raf

Guest gbfisher
I hooked the fish in the boat but the water went shallow so I stepped out...landed the fish on shore...hooked in the boat....took a pic released it...You guys sure know how to crush what was a high for me Thanks All!!!

Sorry that you can't take helpful criticism. It is what it is and trying to explain it anyway else just make s it worse.

Next time I'm sure you'll do it the right way and take a camera along with you.

Funny though. Nice spot you were fishing. A channel and the fish caught right in front of your camp site. ;)

That fish was not caught in front of my site I was camped on Captain Allen Strait...and the fish was caught on our way back to the docks on our way out....as you can see the boat is packed in the pic...that was the icing on the cake...could see the docs from where I caught it...wasn't fishing for Musky was fishing for walleye as I caught it on a #8 Shadrap (clearly not a Musky lure)...it just happened and was what it was as you can see in the other photos in the album posted in the gallery the camera was allways on the boat...thanks for all your words of wisdom I feel enlightened!!

Guest gbfisher

...they arent my words of wisdom . :lol: ....It's written in a little book called 'fishing regulations'

....do what you feel is right then!.... :)

THE FISH WAS NEVER TRANSPORTED IN THE BOAT!!!!! You assumed that and you know what they say about assumptions...I get you were only trying to be informative but you should collect the facts before asserting your 2 cents!!!

Edited by tightline

Guest gbfisher

CAP'N ALLAN! told ya!!

dont stress it, some guys here luv their 'skies!!!

good lookin fish...

ya think wrong.....lol. I fish for them all and by the way, I do it right.... :D

THE FISH WAS NEVER TRANSPORTED IN THE BOAT!!!!! You assumed that and you know what they say about assumptions...I get you were only trying to be informative but you should collect the facts before asserting your 2 cents!!!

So, was it dragged to shore or on a stringer???

I hooked the fish while trolling 10 feet off shore the boat ran into a shoal when I was fighting it...as my friend is not so boat savy I stepped out of the boat continued to fight it and landed it acctually standing in the water...I took 3 pics and released the fish...never knew it was going to be a holy war on the website or would have never bothered posting it

CAP'N ALLAN! told ya!!

dont stress it, some guys here luv their 'skies!!!

good lookin fish...

ya think wrong.....lol. I fish for them all and by the way, I do it right.... :D

hahaha

best of both worlds!!

LOL

I hooked the fish while trolling 10 feet off shore the boat ran into a shoal when I was fighting it...as my friend is not so boat savy I stepped out of the boat continued to fight it and landed it acctually standing in the water...I took 3 pics and released the fish...never knew it was going to be a holy war on the website or would have never bothered posting it

I agree, people can jump to conclusions and be quite political, especially over their muskies. That story sounds believable and legal to me. Congrats on the catch!

I'm sure if someone posted a picture of a stringer of 60 perch where 50 perch were the limit, it wouldn't have gotten such a response from some people.

Guest gbfisher

lol ....ya try and help out a wee bit..... :D

You would have paid for what you interpret as legal with a fine.

Never once did I say the picture or catch was a bad thing and yes I'd say something if you had a pail 'o' Perch that was over yer limit.,,,,, :D

your story sounds believable and I can see someone doing that

but I have to say I think if the MNR saw you on shore with a muskie and your boat, they would charge you no matter what you said......

it is something to think about

Not sure which part of the catch your not comprehending but although I did hook the fish in the boat I landed it from shore as I was only 10 feet off it when I caught it and was in less then 4 feet of water...I'm pretty sure your the same gbfisher from the fish ontario website that got shut down because of crap like this...do me a favour and find a better way to spend your time then causing crap on what was one of my best days on the water...I have a friend who will atest to the catch if wish to take matters further... I'm sure the ministry would take the word of 2 people who were there then sombody assuming he knows all possible catch situations and has figured out the probablity of the situation and has come to the conclusion that this could not be possible...funny really I have read a bunch of your posts and you seem to get off on this kind of thing

Guest gbfisher

:lol: Ya think?

I think that you would have been fined. End of story!

Sorry about being banned on Fish Ontario.

Edited by gbfisher