Bronte Creek?

eze76

Ill probably be going down this weekend sometime , i was just wondering what would be in there and any tips would be appreciated, im not asking for you spots just any tips on where i should be fishing our things like that?

Thanks

Mostly smallies - typically you'll hit bass and trout there especially in teh smaller pools near Petro Canada Park.

If you feel like wandering upstream you might find a few better pools.

If you're fishing near the bridge its hit and miss really some days i see people there for hours not even getting a bite.

Worms work well in the deeper stream there otherwise i just use top baits around the reeds and such.

I was thinking of heading up to Milton to hit up Kelso if you are interested in tagging along give me a shout

Upstream of Lowville there are resident browns and brookies. Most are six to eight inches or so. It's mainly private property, so you'll need to knock on a few doors to get access.

Between Lowville and the lake you'll find smallmouth bass (most are pretty small, but there are occasional monsters up to a pound or so lurking in deeper holes), some rock bass, plus various chubs, shiners, suckers and the occasional small carp. You may also find a few smolt steelhead that still haven't figured out which way the lake is. The marshy area just above the harbour has a handful of small pike, sheephead, largemouth, bullheads and crappies. Try casting small Mepps spinners and you'll catch some fish.

In the summer months, Bronte Creek is not exactly a hotbed of fishing activity. The rainy summer has resulted in better water flow this year than normal, but it's still a shallow, warm ditch that's full of silt. It's perfect habitat for chubs, marginal for most other species.

The lake is generally a better option. There are some nice smallmouth on either side of the rivermouth, as well as sheephead, large carp and channel cats. Get down there very early in the day and try casting Shad Raps or smoke-coloured grubs. Small tubes under a slip float are another option.

Mostly smallies - typically you'll hit bass and trout there especially in teh smaller pools near Petro Canada Park.

If you feel like wandering upstream you might find a few better pools.

If you're fishing near the bridge its hit and miss really some days i see people there for hours not even getting a bite.

Worms work well in the deeper stream there otherwise i just use top baits around the reeds and such.

I was thinking of heading up to Milton to hit up Kelso if you are interested in tagging along give me a shout

Don't forget the awesome CHUB population. :D

Rich

theres lots of perch down there, i havent caught anything over 10" with most in the 6-8" range

Worms? Minnows? or Artificial plastics? ... What would be your recommendation?

and...

on a float? (if so, how deep?) or off bottom?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :D

You know what... scratch that. I didn't ask - better to just try everything there myself!

Edited by A2F

What we use on the piers 'round here is a pickerel rig with 2 live minnows. Seems to always nail the perch (and ya never know what else). For some reason I have a memory of going to Bronte pier and doing this a couple times as well, and getting a bunch of big perch.

The pickerel rig is the easiest way to get the minnows a foot or so off the bottom, keeping it infront of the perch and out of the reach of gobies( for the most part ). I find it way easier than trying to estimate where the bait is sitting using a float, especially in deeper water like Bronte Haroubr.