Pic doesn't do the fish justice

splashhopper

I have noticed on the few pics that I take when I am fishing solo that the pics don't do the fish justice in terms of its size and girth..

But when someone is with me and snaps the fish of me holding it... the fish looks like it does in real life?

example >>>

PBlargemouth2.jpg

This fish is my PB and it was huuuge.... but the pic just doesn't do it justice by any means.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Splashhopper

It is about angle and perspective. You holding the fish gives us something to compare it to. Also shooting directly perpendicular to the fish eliminates loss of size through vanishing point effect. Shoot straight at the fish with something in the background that we can all use as a point of reference.

Its like how the sun looks bigger at sunset...it isn't, we just now have the skyline to compare it to so it appears bigger.

It is about angle and perspective. You holding the fish gives us something to compare it to. Also shooting directly perpendicular to the fish eliminates loss of size through vanishing point effect. Shoot straight at the fish with something in the background that we can all use as a point of reference.

Its like how the sun looks bigger at sunset...it isn't, we just now have the skyline to compare it to so it appears bigger.

When I am fishing alone... I can only lie the fish down for a quick pic or two before I release it..

what else can I hold the fish against to show its true size.

thanks again

When I am fishing alone... I can only lie the fish down for a quick pic or two before I release it..

what else can I hold the fish against to show its true size.

thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they own the property that your house is on, you don't have much choice. But, since they want the property so badly, just leave it as it is and walk away from it. Let them worry about breaking it down. They can't expect you to do anything with no utilities to run power tools and either can the courts. I suspect there's more to this story than meets the eye. Sounds to me like they want the house too, and this is their way to get to it.

Thanks

Mathew