Conestogo lake?

splashhopper

Me and my girlfriend went camping there last summer for a few nights. Fishing was pretty tough for me. I'm used to fishing shorelines, and with basically no visible weed growth on the surface or visible structure I had a tough time catching anything. One day I got into a few smallmouth on the finger of the lake that goes left from the campsite. I was a couple hundred meters from the mouth of the small stream there.

We really didn't have a very good time there, I can't think of the last time I had two pretty bad days of fishing in a row, and people that I had talked to said it really isn't that good there anymore. It was nice that we could get the boat out on the small lake that's rather local, but that was about all it seemed to have going for it.

Me and my girlfriend went camping there last summer for a few nights. Fishing was pretty tough for me. I'm used to fishing shorelines, and with basically no visible weed growth on the surface or visible structure I had a tough time catching anything. One day I got into a few smallmouth on the finger of the lake that goes left from the campsite. I was a couple hundred meters from the mouth of the small stream there.

We really didn't have a very good time there, I can't think of the last time I had two pretty bad days of fishing in a row, and people that I had talked to said it really isn't that good there anymore. It was nice that we could get the boat out on the small lake that's rather local, but that was about all it seemed to have going for it.

thanks.... from another Londoner B)

What you can expect is a lot of boat traffic, and personal watercraft whipping around you everywhere. I've never fished from a boat but had a little luck shore fishing right near the dam, but nothing too good.

Try to get out as early in the morning as possible. That way you can avoid some of the boat traffic.

Edited by timmeh