Buying Non Resident Licence

10point

When I was up there the end of May. I think I ended up with two pieces of paper stapled together and was instructed to keep them with me while fishing. Previous years it was just one. I was also told that I would be receiving the card in the mail. Not sure how long that will take as it's been two months already.

That didn't take long...

We are doing just fine Rich. How about yourself.

I finaly broke that 50 inch mark a couple of weeks ago.

Tom.

Not bad ... not bad.

Still waiting to break the 50, saw one that may have done it last month .... glad to see ya did it (Congrats).

Hey wait a minute ... maybe you're the one who has my card :lol:

As a former issuer at Wal-Mart, I don't think that non-Canadian non-residents get an outdoors card. You only get your temporary license for the duration of the type of license you buy ( ie: non-resident sport or conservation).

If you had an outdoors card it would mean that you could just walk into an issuing outlet for the next two years and get a resident sticker. There are no non-resident stickers to go on outdoor cards in the package that the government sends to issuers. The non-resident stickers that they sent us had to be put onb the back of the temporary paper license you are issued.

Canadian Tire is the best place to go for a non resident license, go to the service desk at the front of the store because they don't sell them in the sporting goods section... but do go to the sporting goods section and checkout their "Hoser" tackle selection, I buy some every trip up!

I went to the Canadian Tire in Fort Erie in June and it was a circus trying to get a license........bad experience....don't go there.

And now non residents do need a outdoor card.........the best thing to do is find out if the place you are staying sells fishing licenses......they know what they are doing better then the KIDS that work at Crappy Tire.

Non-residents get outdoor cards as well. I believe it's new this year. When you get your license, you also apply for the outdoor card. You'll get two pieces of paper that you need to bring when you go fishing. (The temporary outdoor card and whichever fishing license you choose to buy.)

I got my license and applied for the outdoor card in March, but haven't seen it yet. My fiancee, which is a Canadian resident got her outdoor card in the mail apx six weeks later.

Lots of places issue the licenses. Marinas, bait- and tackle stores, most Canadian Tire stores etc.